Non: Palarse

dj_silver

Fans' Favourite
Could be in for a tough season Chelsea in for Olise and gone above his buy out fee. Also Zaha on his way to Galatasary.

Palace are obsessed with staying up and after a decade of doing so they will be happy after a reputation as a yo-yo club. However, they have become a really boring team - know a few fans my way that don’t go to games anymore. Personally think they should have thanked hodgson for the job last season but found a new coach.

I think luton will stay up. They have a mix of longball and some skill. Imho kenilworth road will be a tough place to get a win so this will help them plus they have a real spirit about them as a club.
I agree with part of this, in that KR will be a tough place to go to and get something, however, I think over the course of a season, they will get d*cked too much to make a decent stab of things...

Palace are obsessed with staying up and after a decade of doing so they will be happy after a reputation as a yo-yo club. However, they have become a really boring team - know a few fans my way that don’t go to games anymore. Personally think they should have thanked hodgson for the job last season but found a new coach.
They did try another direction of course, under Vieira with fresh players and a tweaked style of play. And they were fine with when it worked first season..... but as soon as things got even slightly tough they ditched it all and ran back to Hodgson! Worried as they are about the relegation scrap.

You have to say fair enough he did steady the ship for them.

I'd be pretty sure though, there would have been 3 worse than them. Had they persisted with Vieira and had the courage to see that relegation battle through, they might be in a better long term position?

They did try another direction of course, under Vieira with fresh players and a tweaked style of play. And they were fine with when it worked first season..... but as soon as things got even slightly tough they ditched it all and ran back to Hodgson! Worried as they are about the relegation scrap.

I'd be pretty sure though, there would have been 3 worse than them. Had they persisted with Vieira and had the courage to see that relegation battle through, they might be in a better long term position?

I read or heard on radio that there were some serious issues between Viera and increasing amount of plsyers at the club, so with that and the alarming bad run of form, he had to go in the end.

They have tried appointing more exciting young managers over the years but rarely seem to work for some reason. De Boer and Viera off the top of my head.

Hodgson got the same points in the matches he managed as Vieira secured in the corresponding fixtures earlier in the season. Palace were coming off the back of a tough run - as we were when GON was getting slaughtered and then we won lots in April when facing the bottom clubs

I think that I read somewhere that they have signed one of our young defenders deemed surplus to requirements at AFCB, so someone saw something in him at Palace.

If Olise goes to Chelsea, then Eze will be their only massive threat, it will also be a hammer blow to the morale of the team/squad who looked like they were going places. Fingers crossed.
I'm surprised Zaha couldn't do better than Galatasaray.
It does make me wonder how Jeff was sold the move and why he bought into Palace, when he had a special connection to our club.

Olise is injured at the moment.

IIRC there is special tax treatment for footballers in Turkey which means they pay next to no tax, plus Galatasaray are in with a shout of qualifying for the group stages of the Champions League.

I imagine Jeff went to Palace mostly because they offered him a lot more money than we were prepared to pay. Plus there is a bigger Hispanic/Colombian community for him and his family in London.

I'm going for Wolves, Palace and Fulham in no particular order, for the drop, with Brentford, Luton and Everton just escaping....possibly Boscombe in that latter group and even Brighton...however the New Cherries could just as easily be groping for a Euro place along with Burnley....:unsure:

Has he come back yet?
Maybe local man would come back?? But he would need to flop there and I don't want him to do badly. Or we might be Europa Cup standard in a few years and buy him back as a step up for him.. Hmm. We can all dream.. and laugh!!

;