Non - Pandemic

Seven :-(
I saw some figures the other day that showed numbers of people per tier.
I think Tier 5, 65-69 years, was about 3 million ( a weeks worth). Then tier 6 which was extremely vulnerable people was about 7 million BUT people in tier 6 are also in the other tiers simply because of their age i.e. double counting. So I reckon quite a few of those may have been done already. So fingers crossed might not be too long.

I saw some figures the other day that showed numbers of people per tier.
I think Tier 5, 65-69 years, was about 3 million ( a weeks worth). Then tier 6 which was extremely vulnerable people was about 7 million BUT people in tier 6 are also in the other tiers simply because of their age i.e. double counting. So I reckon quite a few of those may have been done already. So fingers crossed might not be too long.

This might help.

5. All people aged 65 and over
There are 3.4 million people aged between 65 and 69 in the UK.

6. People between 16 – 64 with underlying health conditions who are at a higher risk
According to a pre-print of a study, around 9.53 million people under the age of 70 in the UK are at severe risk of Covid-19 due to underlying health conditions. However this data has not been peer reviewed and is not same age bracket as the one set out by the JCVI.

7. People aged 60 and over
There are 3.8 million people aged between 60 and 64 in the UK.

8. People aged 55 and over
Across the UK there are 4.4 million people aged between 55 and 59.

9. People aged 50 and over
There are 4.7 million people aged between 50 and 54 in the UK, according to the ONS data.

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/how-man...er-covid-vaccine-distributed-explained-779871

At least 160,697,240 doses of coronavirus vaccines have been administered around the world, data from 88 locations show.

After a year of breakneck research into more than 230 vaccine candidates, seven coronavirus vaccines are now in use in at least one country. Israel has been the fastest to roll out inoculations. More than a third of its population have already received at least one dose of vaccine.

The numbers shown here are updated frequently, using data compiled by the Our World in Data project at the University of Oxford as well as national data sources from some countries.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vacci...a&areas=eue&cumulative=1&populationAdjusted=1

Seven :-(
Well, you're before me, I'm group nine unless our union successfully get us prioritised, personally speaking, I work mostly outside so I do not see myself as a priority. Teachers should be high on that list though, can't really teach with a mask on and work indoors with up to 30 children in a class.

Group six has a lot of people in it. At the current rate, that group alone will take about 20 days.

I booked our summer hols abroad as soon as the vaccines started and before prices went through the roof. Pretty confident it will happen.

Now our oldies have been vaccinated the pressure's off massively. Hopefully we'll have the first jab before we go being young 'uns (on this forum anyway ;))

Elsewhere for UK holidays Dorset is basically sold out so expect carnage:grinning:

Whichever your views on the lockdown, this is a balanced article and worth a read.

When will the prime minister lift lockdown? He is due to set out his roadmap on 22 February and there is some clamour for a firm commitment.

Frustratingly, however, the most likely answer is: it depends.

It depends, first, on what you mean by lockdown.

Lockdown is not a binary state: you're not either in it or out of it. Before he decides when to ease restrictions, the prime minister needs to know what he will ease them on.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...ence-it-will-happen-very-very-slowly-12216254

Been a lot of blame on government re lockdowns, closing down too late or opening up too early, travel corridors etc.

But the media for me need to be criticised as well for constant pressure being put on ministers re holidays, opening up etc when they know the scientific/medical experts have been proved right nearly every time with their advice, which unfortunately the government had been either too slow or quick with their reactions.

Then you have those backbenchers..........
Totally agree. Mainstream media have not helped, sending out confusing/mixed messages. I suppose everyone has made mistakes though. Remember early pandemic our gov said led by science, and WHO refused to countenance masks until months later. All of a sudden a u-turn. None of those 3inspire confidence. Fortunately the NHS and science seem to have rolled their sleeves up and got stuck in, otherwise it’d be far far worse. Sadly, I’ve people in my own family booking flights. I’ve tried reminding them there’s a plague...to no avail. Unfortunately the heart of man is essentially selfish and greedy.

Incredibubble...

Is this some wacko stat a bit like the average family used to have 2.4 kids....

My guess is an underestimation of people within the age groups in those areas, or maybe some travelling into an area from another to get a vaccine.

;