Non - Pandemic

Been a lot of blame on government re lockdowns, closing down too late or opening up too early, travel corridors etc.

But the media for me need to be criticised as well for constant pressure being put on ministers re holidays, opening up etc when they know the scientific/medical experts have been proved right nearly every time with their advice, which unfortunately the government had been either too slow or quick with their reactions.

Then you have those backbenchers..........
The usual Boris apologist excuse that the job is too difficult for him and its all the fault of the messengers.

Whitty keeps explaining that medicine is all about managing risk, the advisers advise and the government governs.

The robust questions are from within the Conservative Party and now the reform Party.

The road map due on 22 Feb will be the opportunity for the government to show it has learned lessons from its failed management by crisis approach.

The usual Boris apologist excuse that the job is too difficult for him and its all the fault of the messengers.

Whitty keeps explaining that medicine is all about managing risk, the advisers advise and the government governs.

The robust questions are from within the Conservative Party and now the reform Party.

The road map due on 22 Feb will be the opportunity for the government to show it has learned lessons from its failed management by crisis approach.
You have to admit though Jim, the vaccine programme is pretty good?

They didn't learn from any of the previous times they unnecessarily delayed and cost us all dearly so I wouldn't hold your breath. Reopening schools for one day ffs - it's almost criminally negligent if you ask me.

Children as young as six will be given the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine as part of a new clinical trial to test its efficacy in youngsters.

Researchers will use 300 volunteers to assess whether the coronavirus vaccine will produce a strong immune response in children aged between six and 17.

The trial will begin this month at Oxford University and its partner sites in London, Southampton and Bristol.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...as-young-as-six-in-world-first-trial-12216667

I suspect Australia and New Zealand will be off until everyone there - and I mean almost literally everyone, children included - has been vaccinated.
Correct, government has said overseas travel, and therefore allowing foreign tourists in won't be allowed until enough people have been vaccinated so as to not spread the virus should it be brought in.

We're thinking we're not likely to travel overseas until 2022. At least I'll have the annual leave and money saved up for an awesome trip!

Correct, government has said overseas travel, and therefore allowing foreign tourists in won't be allowed until enough people have been vaccinated so as to not spread the virus should it be brought in.

We're thinking we're not likely to travel overseas until 2022. At least I'll have the annual leave and money saved up for an awesome trip!
That’s the Ashes trip off then :-(

Oz does seem slightly reticent in vaccinating its folk, yet are still keen on doing draconian lock downs...

;