Non - Pandemic

Not sure what else we’re supposed to add? I think about a month ago I mentioned blood clotting in the contraceptive pill, but obviously that’s still widely available.

Van Tam weeks ago listed off the potential side affects of paracetamol.

Nothing has really changed has it? As said yesterday, the Oxford vaccine delivers a strong response to the vaccine.

Those who end up seriously ill with coronavirus often have an extreme response to the virus. Those who get the blood clots from the vaccine could well be the very same people who would have had an extreme reaction to the virus.

Perhaps other vaccines will be better suited to the different age categories. But that’s going to be a complex grey area to legislate for that and of course complicate the vaccine roll out.

It's not the risk, it's the accusations of politicising levelled at the EU nations, who are now looking like they had a point.

All of the things said about them questioning the safety ruining confidence in the AZ vaccine will also be true here too, just weeks later.

It's not the risk, it's the accusations of politicising levelled at the EU nations, who are now looking like they had a point.
There will be more deaths because of the way they’ve reacted to the Oxford vaccine than due to administering it.

There will be more deaths because of the way they’ve reacted to the Oxford vaccine than due to administering it.

We have calls from the UK regulator for a ban on under 50s for the AZ vaccine. Same as Germany. They were very cautious now our people are being very cautious given the new information. Are you saying our regulators are wrong to be cautious?

Well I dont think our regulators have rushed into this with abandon.

I'm more concerned with those implying the vaccine might not be useful in preventing a third wave.

We have the Moderna vaccine as well now, so as posted above re the lady in Wales who has had It is 24-years-old and other young people may be happy to have it.

In the context of the entire thread with nearly daily moans on a singular topic for over a year, yes.

“Advisory Group” is in the name.
It might have the term "Advisory group" in the name but everyone knows that their"advice" is more akin to instructions and god help the Gov't if they ignore it.

Very quiet on AstraZeneca blood clots on here. EU hesitancy was slated to the hills, now we've seen similar issues. It's still overwhelmingly safer to have the jab than take your chances with the virus but the younger you are the more these odds shift.
Looking forward to my second Oxford jab in a few weeks.
The EU stance towards AZ Oxford has been absolutely shameful, inept, politicking at its very worst.
right thats got it started again.........................................;)

I'm not going to bother looking for people's quotes on the rights and wrongs of the European caution over blood clots. I'm sure KenyaCherry probably has a few things to say.

The UK’s Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has said that no decision has been taken and previously stressed that the benefits of the vaccine in preventing people falling seriously ill or dying from Covid far outweighed any possible risk of blood clots.

I wonder if they are sure about this for, say, a 20 year old with no underlying health issues.

Looking forward to my second Oxford jab in a few weeks.
The EU stance towards AZ Oxford has been absolutely shameful, inept, politicking at its very worst.
right thats got it started again.........................................;)

I'll be getting my second when they text me too. I don't support vaccines, or governments, like a football team though.

Caution from European regulators is shambolic, politically motivated, going to kill people. Caution from UK regulators is just being sensible.
I think there is an element of political motivation, both from Europe and from within. Still believe the benefits are outweighing the risks.

Caution from European regulators is shambolic, politically motivated, going to kill people. Caution from UK regulators is just being sensible.

It’s been the political decisions per country that have been particularly shambolic.

Or do you think branding the Oxford vaccine as quasi-effective, in a country which is known to be vaccine sceptic is now justified? Or only administrating it to the under 60’s to then only the over 60’s?

Which they have frequently.
They have, because they have to balance all sorts of other issues against the so called advice of SAGE. Some of the predictions they have come up with are just plainly out of line and they never seem to get much criticism for it.

Well so far from various EU regulators and politicians we have have pronounciations that the AZ jab is
Not effective enough in all age groups,
Not effective and dangerous in over 65's,
Not effective and dangerous in over 60,s
Effective and safe for over 65'
Effective and safe for over 60's
Ditto over 50's
Not safe for under 30's
Not safe on children.
etc etc
All to cover up their ineptitude.

;