Non - Pandemic

Yes the figures are one thing, but that was only ever half the story, the other was making sure the NHS isn't overrun. It needs to cope with day to day non Covid issues. In some ways Covid is a 'controllable' with lockdowns and social distancing etc..where other diseases aren't.

It's a total pain in the ****************, but I feel they will delay the full opening up a month or so, in any rate there is bound to be a small 3rd wave, supressed by the vaccinations. Most people's can do what they want to - another small delay won't cause massive problems to many people. Bad for the hospitality business obviously.

We have already been told a third wave was either not happening or very unlikely. That's the thing - the media or Hancock will come out with things that have already been shown to not be a worry.

I think this shows that the NHS isn't fit for its one role in society, due to a variety of reasons [ successive Govts, bad planning by the NHS bosses ]. We can't keep the country like this because of it forever.

I also feel - saying politely! - its too easy for some to suggest a small delay won't really matter. To those not really affected by restrictions, it probably feels like that. We are still miles away from a properly normal way of life and as you mention, hospitality is just one industry [ I think that is the fifth biggest in the UK ] that is suffering massively. Entertainment another. Weddings etc. Just a couple more weeks to them is HUGE. And to the millions suffering mentally, it would feel like a hammer blow, not just something to shrug off. And all when we can see levels are so low, it doesn't make sense.

So lets say it loud and clear; enough is enough, back to school, back to work, back to living now.

People have to be brave if they ever want a normal life again, its as simple as that. They need to stop panicking about cases as well. And have faith in the vaccines. Time now to start letting people make their own life choices again.

We have had manufactured waves due to restrictions. So can’t compare to Spanish flu in 1918...ignoring the other obvious point that this isn’t flu...
It's a virus. Flu is a virus. I know coronavirus isn't flu, but that doesn't mean that the flu virus has nothing in common with the coronavirus. It's not like comparing apples with rusty nails. Viruses have similarities with each other, as well as differences.

The point is, it is not correct to assume that coronavirus (if left alone) would expand rapidly until 83% (or whatever) of the population had got it, and would then stop. Viruses do not work that way.

We have already been told a third wave was either not happening or very unlikely. That's the thing - the media or Hancock will come out with things that have already been shown to not be a worry.

I think this shows that the NHS isn't fit for its one role in society, due to a variety of reasons [ successive Govts, bad planning by the NHS bosses ]. We can't keep the country like this because of it forever.

I also feel - saying politely! - its too easy for some to suggest a small delay won't really matter. To those not really affected by restrictions, it probably feels like that. We are still miles away from a properly normal way of life and as you mention, hospitality is just one industry [ I think that is the fifth biggest in the UK ] that is suffering massively. Entertainment another. Weddings etc. Just a couple more weeks to them is HUGE. And to the millions suffering mentally, it would feel like a hammer blow, not just something to shrug off. And all when we can see levels are so low, it doesn't make sense.

In this scenario where do those suffering mentally with the idea of a rush back to the old life fit into everything?

Are they allowed to make their own choices or are they just not being brave enough?

Yes the figures are one thing, but that was only ever half the story, the other was making sure the NHS isn't overrun. It needs to cope with day to day non Covid issues. In some ways Covid is a 'controllable' with lockdowns and social distancing etc..where other diseases aren't.

It's a total pain in the ****************, but I feel they will delay the full opening up a month or so, in any rate there is bound to be a small 3rd wave, supressed by the vaccinations. Most people's can do what they want to - another small delay won't cause massive problems to many people. Bad for the hospitality business obviously.
As Johnny Logan sang, "What's another year ..."

If anyone had told me in 2019 I had to put a mask on to walk 10 yards from my table in the pub to the toilet I would have thought they were crazy.

No issue with people who hate them or don't think they do any good it's the hypocrisy of some individuals who claim that they are experiencing mental health issues off the back of wearing a mask whilst in the next breath dismissing anyone who might be concerned about the virus itself. The virus kills people and a mask is just annoying.

In this scenario where do those suffering mentally with the idea of a rush back to the old life fit into everything?

Are they allowed to make their own choices or are they just not being brave enough?
A "rush back to the old life" ................................... what would a slow return look like ?
Nobody is forcing people who are genuinely afraid to start going back out, they are free to make their own choice.

People have to be brave if they ever want a normal life again, its as simple as that. They need to stop panicking about cases as well. And have faith in the vaccines. Time now to start letting people make their own life choices again.

This comment brought to you by the Mask Metal Anguish Society.

There will be a need for huge amounts of help for those that have been badly affected by the scaremongering. It'll likely be years before those people can fully get over this.

A "rush back to the old life" ................................... what would a slow return look like ?
Nobody is forcing people who are genuinely afraid to start going back out, they are free to make their own choice.

A slow return could take many forms, a mix of working from home and from the office, on different days, flexible working times to avoid a peak rush on public transport for example.

Its not a free choice if all of a sudden like flicking a switch employers demand Mon-Fri 9am till 5pm packed buses, trains and tubes and no masks all to appease those get back to normal types who have no thought for other people’s mental well-being.

A slow return could take many forms, a mix of working from home and from the office, on different days, flexible working times to avoid a peak rush on public transport for example.

Its not a free choice if all of a sudden like flicking a switch employers demand Mon-Fri 9am till 5pm packed buses, trains and tubes and no masks all to appease those get back to normal types who have no thought for other people’s mental well-being.
Come on, we already have established that these people are just being selfish

I can accept this guy davygravy is upset with all the restrictions, we all are, but to completely gloss over what has happened in the last year or so is completely disingenuous.

Make no mistake, we've had two waves that have smashed the nhs. You can go on all you like about 'successive governments' failure to invest but we live in the world as it currently is and the nhs didn't, and still doesn't, have the capacity to treat its normal workload on top of tens of thousands of covid patients. **************** loads of people have died in the two waves because of this fact. Hopefully the vaccine programme will have already prevented this happening again but to dismiss concerns as scaremongering is for the birds.

To be fair I have huge sympathy with anyone who has gone down the full medieval plate of armour route...especially now it’s warmed up.

I swear only 50% of my spelling and grammar mistakes are my doing. My phone changes half the words. I blame my proof reader.

;