Non - Pandemic

Not good news, hope he gets well soon.

Sky

Captain Sir Tom Moore, the Second World War veteran who was knighted after raising millions of pounds for the NHS during the UK's first lockdown, has been admitted to hospital with coronavirus.

In a tweet from his official account, his daughter said he tested positive last week and was taken to hospital today for help with his breathing.

He is not in intensive care.

Sky

Captain Sir Tom Moore, the Second World War veteran who was knighted after raising millions of pounds for the NHS during the UK's first lockdown, has been admitted to hospital with coronavirus.

In a tweet from his official account, his daughter said he tested positive last week and was taken to hospital today for help with his breathing.

What a cruel thing to happen to him after all he’s done in the last 12 months

Sky

At least he's not in ICU. And we know the gentleman is a fighter. Keeping fingers crossed.

The last time we had a figure as low as this for BCP was Sunday 27th December.

Echo

In the BCP Council area, there were 174 new cases, bringing the total number cases recorded across the authority area since the start of the pandemic to 22,175.

Sky

I wonder how he caught it ? I imagine he would have been very well shielded.

The lockdown plus other measures has helped to keep the flu figures way down which is some good news for our hard pressed NHS according to this story.

The number of people suffering from the flu in England has plunged by more than 95% to levels not seen for 130 years.

Data experts at the Royal College of General Practices (RCGP) said that in the third week of January - usually a peak time for the flu - the number of flu-like illnesses reported to doctors was 0.9 per 100,000 people compared with a five-year average of 27.

It is believed that measures designed to tame the COVID-19pandemic - as well as increased publicity about the importance of having the flu vaccine this year - are quashing influenza and many other respiratory diseases.

Out of 3.9 million patients at 385 GP practices in England monitored by the RCGP, only 35 had the flu last week.

And The Sunday Times reports that in the second week of January, the flu positivity rate - a standard measurement of flu in the community - was 0%. Not one of the 1,894 samples tested positive.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...f-flu-sufferers-fall-to-130-year-low-12204516

who are you? have you murdered brian? you're like dr who, you keep regenerating!

I got bored with 'im !....and after the depressing spectacle of Digestivegate( Madjeski Stadium) ..I needed a fresh perspective on everything.

Truth is...On Friday I cleared my History on this device...and it wiped everything I didn't want wiping.. including my password for this.. had a problem getting back on ..so tried a new identity registration...its happened before..I'm not too hot with online stuff when things go wrong....not enough patience !
I dunno about Dr Who.....I think we are all in the Dr What( the F is Going On) Camp !

I have to say, if I had a frail 100 year old grandad, I wouldn't be taking him on a long-haul holiday in the middle of a vicious global pandemic, no matter who was paying.

Hmmm...
Grandad won't go on forever. Something will eventually get him. Perhaps he's happy to live life to the full and what will be will be.

Forgot password function works fine . New e mail addresses to register a new user name ....how many do you have now ?
Well it didn't work for me...so I haven't a clue what your on about...all I know is it took multiple combinations of e-mail addresses and password attempts to get back !
I haven't a clue what I'm talking about...totally out of my depth.
I've only just learnt what a Podcast is ..I thought it was a pea seed thing !
and ive only just learnt how to do messenger stuff and twittering...

Last edited:
Well it didn't work for me...so I haven't a clue what your on about...all I know is it took multiple combinations of e-mail addresses and password attempts to get back !
I haven't a clue what I'm talking about...totally out of my depth.
I've only just learnt what a Podcast is ..I thought it was a pea seed thing !
and ive only just learnt how to do messenger stuff and twittering...
You are Harry Redknapp and I claim my fiver.

;