Non - Princess of Wales

I was going to comment about wishing a young mum and her family all the best in the upcoming fight against her cancer. Especially with her Father-in-law having his battles as well. They're all humans, just like the rest of us, same fears about their health as everyone else.

In fact I think I will comment.

Good luck and hopefully good health Kate.

Ps There's plenty of opportunities and threads about for point making and scoring on here : )

An evil disease that unfortunately will touch every one of us at some stage in our lifetime. I don't really feel one way or the other about the Royal family but as others have said she is a mum to a young family and no asks for or deserves this. I wish her well.

I was going to comment about wishing a young mum and her family all the best in the upcoming fight against her cancer. Especially with her Father-in-law having his battles as well. They're all humans, just like the rest of us, same fears about their health as everyone else.

In fact I think I will comment.

Good luck and hopefully good health Kate.

Ps There's plenty of opportunities and threads about for point making and scoring on here : )
Well said. When young children are involved as well, it makes things especially difficult for everyone affected. Hopefully, they'll all be given the privacy and space they need as humans.

My mum was diagnosed with cancer at a similar age and it did not end well. My views on the royals are what they are but I do hope she gets better and has a long life.
Sums it up for me too. To have to go through cancer as well while your PR team cause mayhem at every turn fed on by the same media which have now turned their guns on the public for picking up on the bleeding obvious.

Modern society at its worst in all aspects..

All love to her.

Well said. When young children are involved as well, it makes things especially difficult for everyone affected. Hopefully, they'll all be given the privacy and space they need as humans.
It certainly does make it more difficult and all the more understandable why they were trying to protect their privacy. My wife first had cancer when she was just 36 and we also had three young children at the time, not an easy situation to manage at all. I really hope they’re now left well alone by everyone.

It certainly does make it more difficult and all the more understandable why they were trying to protect their privacy. My wife first had cancer when she was just 36 and we also had three young children at the time, not an easy situation to manage at all. I really hope they’re now left well alone by everyone.
I’m sure and hope they will be left alone now.

This is the problem when you create an institution that exists purely in the public eye out of the devotion of its subjects. If one of the stars disappears the public will fret and speculate until they get the answer.

One of the main reasons for me to abolish the royal family is to protect the poor royal people having to live their life in a goldfish bowl and what it does to them as much as it is the elitist bullshit and messaging.

I’m sure and hope they will be left alone now.

This is the problem when you create an institution that exists purely in the public eye out of the devotion of its subjects. If one of the stars disappears the public will fret and speculate until they get the answer.

One of the main reasons for me to abolish the royal family is to protect the poor royal people having to live their life in a goldfish bowl and what it does to them as much as it is the elitist bullshit and messaging.

Absolutely.

When younger used to think what a great life they have, similar to a list celebs but once you have kids, bit older etc cant help thinking it must be a bloody nightmare.

Literally can't go anywhere with no eyes/cameras on you.

Yes they have loads of money privileged existence, but imagine they live in some severely restricted bubble.

Imagine they get moments where they yearn to be 'normal' and anonymous.

Kind of ties with mental health thread. Royal family no doubt have proper 'army' of staff that assist through life, but no surprise many A list celebs go of the rails, constantly being hounded by people moment they step out their door!

Absolutely.

When younger used to think what a great life they have, similar to a list celebs but once you have kids, bit older etc cant help thinking it must be a bloody nightmare.

Literally can't go anywhere with no eyes/cameras on you.

Yes they have loads of money privileged existence, but imagine they live in some severely restricted bubble.

Imagine they get moments where they yearn to be 'normal' and anonymous.

Kind of ties with mental health thread. Royal family no doubt have proper 'army' of staff that assist through life, but no surprise many A list celebs go of the rails, constantly being hounded by people moment they step out their door!
There aren’t many other things left on the planet that aren’t legislated against where children can be born into a world of no freedom! Different if you choose it of course, as Kate did. Must be awful as well if you are naturally very shy.

I had always been supportive of the Monarchy up to a point where it seemed normal because we had been brought up to respect it and enjoy the Ceremonial events...but more importantly that it appeared to be somewhat of a sign that Democracy was safe and it was a deterrent or whatever to potential Dictators emerging.
Problem is now, in the Internet Age...they have been turned into 'celebrities' starting roughly with 'Diana' the 'People's Princess' .
That tragedy...and the 'Andrew' humiliation - we have a totally different Image and scenarios to contend with.. and for Them to contend with.
Queries and Theories abound !

We..as a nation have never really nailed it down enough to get a whole population behind it...back in an earlier version of it mateyboy Henry the Eighth of them was lopping heads off nice ladies.
Little girls now probably don't like reading about that.

I'm getting it in my head, reluctantly as an ex- server in my Queens forces, that it cannot survive as a workable entity very far into the future. It's strength was clearly Elizabeths skill in holding it all together !
With her gone.. I'm starting to see it crumbling... the two 'celebrity' brothers at war....and seemingly more concerned about fiddling with their suit buttons in every five yard stride.
OK the latest health related news might swing things in a different direction...the 'Newshounds' of the aforementioned Internet Age will dictate the course of that no doubt.
I think the lady Kate is a decent sort..and probably another couple of the ladies in Anne and Sophie but not so sure about the guys !
King Charles has his good points and a decent amount of charisma..but also some glaringly weak traits....needs to sort out his 'celebrity' sons pronto !
These are only 'angles' on it from one solitary observer and even more serious ones are welcome ..even if just for entertainment !

;