Non - Russell Brand

Druss_the_Legend

UTC Legend
Surprised there has not been any posts about Brands very serious allegations. When it came out that Huw Edwards had consensual communications with another adult, some on here were up in arms.

I think Brand could be in real trouble with this. Evidence handed over to the Met and more women coming forward.

I see YouTube have now restricted his channel.

Got to love his defenders saying it's because his conspiracy theories are too close to the truth and he is being silence. It's like Trump all over again.

What's to say? It's the same for Brand as it was for Edwards - things need to play out legally before any judgement should be made.

That said, irrespective of the truth of the very serious current allegations, Brand is a thoroughly unpleasant individual.

Surprised there has not been any posts about Brands very serious allegations. When it came out that Huw Edwards had consensual communications with another adult, some on here were up in arms.

I think Brand could be in real trouble with this. Evidence handed over to the Met and more women coming forward.

I see YouTube have now restricted his channel.

Got to love his defenders saying it's because his conspiracy theories are too close to the truth and he is being silence. It's like Trump all over again.

Heard some interesting cover ups/theories about Hunter Biden and Obama too . ;)

Tbf two things can be true. He could be guilty and also being targeted. There are a great many wealthy and influential people who are guilty of these types of crimes who never face the consequences. The Times chose to go after Brand. Nobody has apparently gone after Epstein's mates yet have they?

What's to say? It's the same for Brand as it was for Edwards - things need to play out legally before any judgement should be made.

That said, irrespective of the truth of the very serious current allegations, Brand is a thoroughly unpleasant individual.

Agree with that to a point. They are two different cases though ..in one there was no victim, in the other you can see and hear the testimony of multiple victims.

Tbf two things can be true. He could be guilty and also being targeted. There are a great many wealthy and influential people who are guilty of these types of crimes who never face the consequences. The Times chose to go after Brand. Nobody has apparently gone after Epstein's mates yet have they?

I hope they do if they have the evidence?

It's possibly a difficult one to judge this.

Charismatic and with a striking presence....he would not of been short of female attention...

....what can come from that is immense....and that old question of 'why now'...and not back at the time of the crime will be a feature of the washing up !
I personally don't like him or most of what he spouts about...some of it seemingly intellectual.. much of it seemingly classless drivel.. . but none of us really know anything about him do we ?

Agree with that to a point. They are two different cases though ..in one there was no victim, in the other you can see and hear the testimony of multiple victims.

I already had my say on Edwards and said that the Sun had acted disgracefully in how they went about it. Part of the reason it was big news was the whodunit way they framed the story and how they sensationalised what he was accused of. That doesn't justify being judge and jury on Brand though.

I suspect any lack of interest is primarily due to him being an irrelevant rabble-rouser. In contrast, Huw Edwards was/is very highly respected and led the coverage around our late Queen.

I hope they do if they have the evidence?

They had enough evidence to convict Epstein and Maxwell but apparently not enough to go after the people who travelled to his island. I suspect because they are from all sides of the great and good and there is a gentleman's agreement to leave it at that. Brand obviously pissed off the wrong people - it never appears to get in the news for the victim's sake.

They had enough evidence to convict Epstein and Maxwell but apparently not enough to go after the people who travelled to his island. I suspect because they are from all sides of the great and good and there is a gentleman's agreement to leave it at that. Brand obviously pissed off the wrong people - it never appears to get in the news for the victim's sake.

Really? You don't think it's newsworthy unless he's pissed someone off?

Really? You don't think it's newsworthy unless he's pissed someone off?

I don't think it gets in the news unless he's pissed someone off no. It was more newsworthy when he was allegedly committing these crimes at the height of his fame but it's made the news after he's decended into an anti-msm nutjob. Ok so it's taken them a while to investigate but why did they start years after the event when apparently it was an open secret in the industry?

As I say, there will be loads of high profile people guilty of this stuff but it only comes out when the media want it to. Saville obviously didn't piss the establishment off like Brand has.

Not a defence of Brand btw, f*ck him he's a scumbag even if he's not guilty of all this stuff.

I don't think it gets in the news unless he's pissed someone off no. It was more newsworthy when he was allegedly committing these crimes at the height of his fame but it's made the news after he's decended into an anti-msm nutjob. Ok so it's taken them a while to investigate but why did they start years after the event when apparently it was an open secret in the industry?

As I say, there will be loads of high profile people guilty of this stuff but it only comes out when the media want it to. Saville obviously didn't piss the establishment off like Brand has.

Not a defence of Brand btw, f*ck him he's a scumbag even if he's not guilty of all this stuff.

It often comes out when the victims have confidence they will be believed. Which often requires others to come forward first.

It may not apply in this case. However, I am amazed at why these women suddenly remember that they have been physically assaulted by these celebrities, in some cases, up to 10 years after the event and only then decide to report it.

I confess to not following the Edwards thing in minute detail but I understood the gender of the "victim" (for want of a better term) to be one of the last things revealed.

There's not many stories of young women selling photos to older men in the papers. Maybe it doesn't happen.

;