Non: Sala, Cardiff and Nantes

Cant see that Cardiff are ' wriggling ' out of anything....he cant play.. he is DEAD....no return on investment...if we are to be so callous as to see it in financial terms.. and from Nantes perspective he was gone from them anyway...so RIP....is surely the way to go!
I would have said it was apt that Cardiff paid for the funeral maybe .then RIP.

A bit of a crass comparison, but if I sell you a TV and you drop it carrying it home, that's your problem, not mine.

A bit of a crass comparison, but if I sell you a TV and you drop it carrying it home, that's your problem, not mine.

Point taken.... but this was about Death.

And I reckon its nailed on that if it had been Afcb , not Cardiff...the same situation would have developed....albeit without the nonsense from Warnock.
Trouble is ...on a ' black v white '
forum....where can you go next to find out if your opinion is in any way ' right or wrong' ?
Same with Brexit and other stuff!
You will know this from some of the responses you get!

Trouble is ...on a ' black v white ' forum....where can you go next to find out if your opinion is in any way ' right or wrong' ?
Sorry BMGC this is absolutely black and white and Nantes are totally the innocent party here and are fully entitled to receive the full fee for the deal which had been properly concluded. He was no longer their employee, they had no further responsibilities towards the player or his family, and they were not responsible in any conceivable way for his death. What subsequently happened had nothing whatever to do with the deal that they had struck with Cardiff.
Cardiff completely failed in their duty of care to their employee when they let him travel on that plane and they must take 100% of the consequences of that failure. As others have said, the pantomime that followed at our game with them just serves to put their cynicism fully in focus.

I Just think it's a sad state of affairs, that this couldn't have been done behind closed doors, and some agreement couldn't have been struck. But then I guess money is more important than the memory and life of a young professional footballer.

Cardiff are appealing so the sorry messy saga continues ..

Feel for the family - they probably want all this to end and just get on with remembering the loved one they tragically lost .

I Just think it's a sad state of affairs, that this couldn't have been done behind closed doors, and some agreement couldn't have been struck. But then I guess money is more important than the memory and life of a young professional footballer.

I tend to agree with this. There's really no need for this continuing sordid media circus. If the papers, and Sky and the BBC, had any integrity at all they'd stop reporting on it.

There is another angle on this.....

the hate that exists in English/Welsh football from clubs fans toward each other....Cardiff. are not the most popular are they..
...the slightest excuse for the thickos to lay into them....something like this is on a plate !

I wouldnt even use anything like this unfortunate sala saga...against Leeds!

There is another angle on this.....

the hate that exists in English/Welsh football from clubs fans toward each other....Cardiff. are not the most popular are they..
...the slightest excuse for the thickos to lay into them....something like this is on a plate !

I wouldnt even use anything like this unfortunate sala saga...against Leeds!

This has nothing to do with it. I don't think that anyone on this board "hates" Cardiff or any club because they come from the other side of Offa's Dike.

Cardiff have behaved dispicably, all the while orchestrating a great and totally insincere outpouring of grief.

Yeah well....as often I only presented another angle....one which ive perceived from reading posts on the forum about Cardiff. I stress " ive perceived"....not normally being someone who follows trends....perish the thought I ever do.. ..even at the expense of being totally out of touch : But thats my problem ...comes with the territory of craving individualistic interpretation of events.

Its about Money so it seems so Im happy to stick with my opinion.....me, money, and football dont gel too well!

S
So the media should stop reporting on stuff because it leaves a bad taste?

Exactly what stories should they report on and what shouldn't they?

Stories of public interest, rather than salacious gossip whose only purpose is to titillate with no regard for the human cost of running those stories. That is to say, of course, that I'd never advocate a ban, but that doesn't stop me expressing disappointment at the state of it all.

Stories of public interest, rather than salacious gossip whose only purpose is to titillate with no regard for the human cost of running those stories. That is to say, of course, that I'd never advocate a ban, but that doesn't stop me expressing disappointment at the state of it all.

Don't pretty much all new stories have a 'human cost'?

There's nothing salacious in covering Cardiff's fight over the Sala money. It's an event happening in the real world and the public are very much interested. The family are no doubt aware and I'd expect they're better off knowing about the club's owners thinking.

Censorship of the press is a dark road to even look at, let alone go down.

;