NON - Scott Walker...

DW313

First Team
Has died.

The man's music has had such an influence on my life, and my musical tastes.

The Walker Brothers were a huge part of my childhood, having been a huge favourite of my mum's, while Scott Walker's later career move into experimental and the Avant Garde propelled him into absolute god-like status in my eyes.

This hurts as much as the day I found out about the deaths of Bowie and Strummer.

Last edited:
A very sad day - I loved Scott Walker, and he was a huge influence on two of my other all-time musical heroes, David Bowie and Neil Hannon. Here's a hidden gem from 1967 - this mysterious, haunting song was actually a B side....can you believe it ?

The Walkers Bros... one of favourites of my teenage years...bought all their records....Scotts deep ,velvet tones! Make it easy on Yourself the best?
Had their picture from Fab magazine on the bedroom wall right next to a Boscombe 63-64 pic! I can see it now!
The Lights of Cincinnati have dimmed a bit tonight. RIP.

The Walkers Bros... one of favourites of my teenage years...bought all their records....Scotts deep ,velvet tones! Make it easy on Yourself the best?
Had their picture from Fab magazine on the bedroom wall right next to a Boscombe 63-64 pic! I can see it now!
The Lights of Cincinnati have dimmed a bit tonight. RIP.

Lovely post, Bill.

;