Non - Sean Dyche

After watching football for 50 odd years,diving has never been as bad as it is today.The introduction of overseas players many seasons ago to our leagues was blamed by many for the increase in diving.Im not a fan of VAR at all as I personally think the controversy you get without it adds spice to the watching public.I would rather see managers stamp out the diving themselves within their respective clubs.Putting it over to VAR would decimate the fun of watching football even more for me.

Neil hits the nail on the head above. Dyche can make some very sensible points about football's ideals and where we've strayed from those ideals in the modern game.

But then he'll run his club in such a way as to tick off every topic he's moaning about. Diving, hacking, time wasting and other cynicism, big money transfers, spending the whole game in the 4th official's ear trying to influence things his way. You name it, he does it / encourages it.

Good point - he said the same when at a Watford fans event with former players but when someone asked him in jest about Joey Barton who was at Burnley then he just said " oh well Joey is just mis understood and not a naughty player "

Fans are just as bad. Bloke near me who goes apoplectic when teams time waste against us was urging us to head to the corner flag on Saturday and screaming ‘take your time’ every set piece or throw in we had for last fifteen minutes.

Remember that period when we were managerless and Kevin Bond (well known as John Bond's son) used to pop up from somewhere on Fridays, unfold his arms (He did! I saw it once) and make excuses for the forthcoming defeat/bore draw. He usually used the same old pretext about lack of resources compared to the opposition, blah, blah.

Well, as we know, Sean "The Bleating Sheep" Dyche has a similar modus operandi, especially when playing us. He has been doing it for years and, well, he's at it again. Concerning today's match, the BBC website says,

Burnley manager Sean Dyche on comparisons with Bournemouth: "They've put a reasonable amount of money into what they do there, we probably less so… I think they are similar in the sense there's an earthiness, but there's also a belief in what they do.

"Any manager doing what [Eddie Howe] has done has earned the right to be respected and he's certainly respected by me, that's for sure."

In other words, Respect, but it's all due to splashing the cash. It's only one step up from "I'm not a racist, but...

Has he forgotten Eddie's name. The BBC had to add it in the text. Has he also failed to recall that the players that Eddie assembled, including several ex-AFCB who should have been playing for us, formed the basis for his initial success at Turf Moor?

I like Burnley, I like going there, drinking their Bene and hot, eating their butter pies, getting bum-ache on the wooden seats in the old fashinoned four-standed ground that's right in town and sympathise with their long-suffering supporters.

But Sean Dyche? Yuck with a capital F!

Please, please thrash 'em this afternoon

Has a bit of a chip on his shoulder re Eddie. Also, never the most gracious of people. Not sure why as he has done a very good job at Burnley and has developed the style of play from a couple of years ago. Knows how to beat us, for sure.

Well I rather like Dyche, just so long as he comes nowhere near managing AFCB.

He's another 'one off' manager who is probably another 'one club' manager

(unlike Neil Shipperly who is just a 'one off the wrist' manager.)

Him and Eddies style of play are a mile apart, but in many other ways they're similar.
Although Dyche has taken his club down and straight back up again, which Eddie is yet do do..................................:throw:

Remember that period when we were managerless and Kevin Bond (well known as John Bond's son) used to pop up from somewhere on Fridays, unfold his arms (He did! I saw it once) and make excuses for the forthcoming defeat/bore draw. He usually used the same old pretext about lack of resources compared to the opposition, blah, blah.

Well, as we know, Sean "The Bleating Sheep" Dyche has a similar modus operandi, especially when playing us. He has been doing it for years and, well, he's at it again. Concerning today's match, the BBC website says,

Burnley manager Sean Dyche on comparisons with Bournemouth: "They've put a reasonable amount of money into what they do there, we probably less so… I think they are similar in the sense there's an earthiness, but there's also a belief in what they do.

"Any manager doing what [Eddie Howe] has done has earned the right to be respected and he's certainly respected by me, that's for sure."

In other words, Respect, but it's all due to splashing the cash. It's only one step up from "I'm not a racist, but...

Has he forgotten Eddie's name. The BBC had to add it in the text. Has he also failed to recall that the players that Eddie assembled, including several ex-AFCB who should have been playing for us, formed the basis for his initial success at Turf Moor?

I like Burnley, I like going there, drinking their Bene and hot, eating their butter pies, getting bum-ache on the wooden seats in the old fashinoned four-standed ground that's right in town and sympathise with their long-suffering supporters.

But Sean Dyche? Yuck with a capital F!

Please, please thrash 'em this afternoon

Do have to wonder if he knows he is more repetitive than the Christmas tv listings...

has someone bothered to tell him all clubs in the league get roughly the same amount of tv money to spend how they choose
he should be speaking to his board rather than endlessly bleating on about other clubs finances
prize plonker

(nearly) always nice to see people as they really are, rather than the ridiculous way everything is presented. says a lot about our world!

Also, isn’t it true? We must have spent more on players in our time up than Burnley.

There were people on here talking about how much Wolves have spent (Neves) etc when we lost to them. What’s the difference? It either matters or it doesn’t.

it’s a classic management technique to fire your players up in ‘us against the world’ and it has worked for him...

I don’t see the problem with it at all.

Also, isn’t it true? We must have spent more on players in our time up than Burnley.

There were people on here talking about how much Wolves have spent (Neves) etc when we lost to them. What’s the difference? It either matters or it doesn’t.

it’s a classic management technique to fire your players up in ‘us against the world’ and it has worked for him...

I don’t see the problem with it at all.
You think that doing so twice a year, every year, for about 5 years, it might start to become less relevant or worthwhile? And in the media, not the dressing room?

Eddie would kill for the squad availability that Burnley have today. But I doubt Eddie will make a big deal of that to the media, before or after.

It’s true more recently but when he started trotting this out it wasn’t a fair reflection.

Their promotion season they had a higher net spend than we did. Their first season in the Premier League they spent a similar amount despite inflation of fees.

It’s only the last season and August where our spending has maintained/increased and there’s hasn’t that it’s now remarkably different.

(This was quickly done on my phone so there could well be errors)

Burnley

19/20 - net spend £0.5m
18/19 - net spend £22.5m
17/18 - profit £13m
16/17 - net spend £40m
—————
15/16 - net spend £5m
14/15 - net spend £11.5

AFCB
(All net Spend)

19/20 - £19m
18/19 - £62m
17/18 - £31m
16/17 - £13.5m
15/16 - £49m
——————
14/15 - £1m
13/14 - £3.5m

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/afc-bournemouth/alletransfers/verein/989

My 2nd favourite manager - and club!

He see us as a threat....its a kind of respect he gives us. Eddie scares him.
He is duty-bound to stir up the rhetoric.

A rivalry we dont get with others nearby.

Burnley are a great club. Population - half that of Poole!

Next week Arteta probably has to look at a map to see 'where it is' . He will not be able to name one of our players!

;