Non. Stoke city.

I've had a 10 minute shufty up Oatcake way....Jeez those Bunnies ain't happy....I navigated my way around the Plonker and Tw#t threads and had a real Gas......Singing "Happy Happy Happy HappyTalk." they most certainly are not !! If only they had a Dream!

I was up there 90-94 at poly/uni and lets say a bit of an eye opener moving there from Winton!

Decent people on the whole though, their fans are generally OK - but there's definitely a few bad apples. Working class city where football is a lot more important than it is in Bournemouth (despite us lot obviously).

I was up there 90-94 at poly/uni and lets say a bit of an eye opener moving there from Winton!

Decent people on the whole though, their fans are generally OK - but there's definitely a few bad apples. Working class city where football is a lot more important than it is in Bournemouth (despite us lot obviously).

agree 100%

Stoke, even these days is grim; it's not the fault of the poor buggers who live there that it's grim, it just the way it is.
Just go to the centre Hanley, it's a city slowly dying on it's feet and the other 4 towns are even worse.

I've spent a fair bit of time over the years in Stoke and have always found them decent down to earth people on the whole.

That said, I'm rather loving their current demise.

I'll miss playing them and Port Vale for a few season's though.

agree 100%

Stoke, even these days is grim; it's not the fault of the poor buggers who live there that it's grim, it just the way it is.
Just go to the centre Hanley, it's a city slowly dying on it's feet and the other 4 towns are even worse.

I've spent a fair bit of time over the years in Stoke and have always found them decent down to earth people on the whole.

That said, I'm rather loving their current demise.

I'll miss playing them and Port Vale for a few season's though.
Off topic I know...Given how (on the face of it) Birmingham and Manchester seem to be doing rather well for themselves respectively, with a lot of regeneration and swanky investment/development in recent years... Stoke being equidistant and along the road/rail artery between them, would seem well placed to get in on that act and have some of that regeneration rub off on itself?

Crewe , Grimsby , Hull & Stoke, how I miss those exciting away trips, made you thankful to live on the South coast & realise why we're a holiday resort.

there are plenty of nice holiday resorts that aren't on the south coast

I'm well aware but those 4 certainly aren't , it's obvious the point i'm making with regards to our geographical location as a club and where a lot of us live, as opposed to claiming the rest of the country doesn't have any nice holiday spots.

Some people seem confrontational for the sake of it on here.

Just didn't feel the need for it to be pointed out that there are plenty of nice holiday resorts that aren't on the South Coast. Can't imagine having the same conversation with one of your mates and them pointing that out. :p

Cause can remember plenty of mini bus or coach away trips where one of us would say similar things as that when seeing the Ringwood Spur Road sign.

I love Stoke....it has great spirit and an enthusiasm for the Nation. A heartbeat City!
Just needs a government to support it!

.a bit grimy compared to Meyrick Park and Lansdowne...but a real football city.
Their football aint too great currently but ive heard several of them say they are pleased for us ...and love watching us on Sky!

You got me visualising that main road we can see is Meyrick? and left Bath Road. Any ideas on year of that photo 1890's - 1910's? my guess broad I know.

Agreed, I was at the Poly 74-77, sad to see Stoke not in the Premier League as it was always a good reason to visit and get a win. Was even offered a lift to Bet 365 in the Beehive pub minibus last time we beat them. Decided that discretion was the better part of valour. Pubs haven’t changed much apart from the ceilings no longer stained with cigarette smoke!

;