Non - Torquay United

Have spent quite a lot of time in Torquay. It's beautifully situated, but has seen better days economically like a lot of places, especially coastal ones. I saw a match there a couple of seasons ago against Wrexham. It wasn't the best match and it was freezing cold, but the supporters were friendly. Keiffer Moore and Ollie Watkins are from there I think. Anyway, I hope things somehow get better for the club. As we can imagine, it means absolutely everything to the supporters.

I reckon this must have been 1974 if it was Easter Monday. We lost 0-2. We also played Plymouth at home on Good Friday. Almost 50 years ago, yikes!
I think you’re right.
Also seem to recall we may have played Grimsby on the Saturday that we left. Mad fixtures back then.
Agree, yikes!!

It's remarkable where we are now when it wasn't so long ago that we were playing them. I remember beating them 3-0 at home in 2005 but a couple of years before that, they did us 4-0 at Plainmoor.

Very sad news always loved that trip.

Yeah same, loved that we were allowed to occupy proper pubs instead of being bubbled into a soulless chain bar or worse a filthy dive nightclub.

Lovely local ales and low ceilings that made a great atmosphere when the chants started.

It's remarkable where we are now when it wasn't so long ago that we were playing them. I remember beating them 3-0 at home in 2005 but a couple of years before that, they did us 4-0 at Plainmoor.

The reverse fixture after they did us 4-0 was a cracker too. We got a last minute equaliser that Neil Young tried desperately to claim but it went down as an own goal.

Does make you think, there but for a selection of local businessmen/characters running the club, then selling to an ambitious multi-millionaire, who in turn sold to a richer more ambitious businessman, whilst employing rank amateurs to run things, that could have been us : )

Basically no Sandbanks, no Max and Eddie M meeting.

Local physical beauty has sorted us.

Maybe you're right I just remember Fletch thumping in a header from a cross late on I was behind the goal, they had a massive 6 foot 8 keeper in goal and did lot of time wasting.
Can't find it - damn good header though. 'Planted it' in the corner ;)

Head like a traction engine.

;