Non - Torquay United

Maybe you're right I just remember Fletch thumping in a header from a cross late on I was behind the goal, they had a massive 6 foot 8 keeper in goal and did lot of time wasting
Wasn't a diving header. Cross in from the left, more like he stood there and nodded it in the corner.

I'll try and find it on youtube ;)
My Memories are of Fletch putting the ball, himself and their keeper in the net

It was a header though I was right about that, Brett also scored header. both Liam Feeney assists. Feeney was really good player for us at that time, scored in the massive Grimsby game aswell. didn't we get him from Weymouth or someone.

Torquay 1 - 2 Bournemouth​

Steve Fletcher's late goal saw Bournemouth go joint top as their fine start to the new season continued.

The Cherries took the lead just after the break with Brett Pitman powerfully heading home Liam Feeney's cross.

Torquay deservedly levelled just after the break with centre-back Chris Todd sending a powerful point-blank header past Bournemouth keeper Shwan Jalal.

Gulls striker Tim Sills then saw his late header hit the crossbar before Fletcher headed home Feeney's cross.

Bournemouth assistant manager Jason Tindall told BBC Radio Solent:

"It was a very hard fought game, they were a good side, especially at home.

"By our own admission we haven't played particularly well today.

"The lads have worked extremely hard, especially in the second half."

Look at that post Torquay game table in L2 2009. Those memories, some absolute mammoths in there, and we went up in 2nd place like we were after 6th game. Apart from Bradford we were the 2nd biggest club in the league, phucking massive.

o.gif

Latest video highlights
SATURDAY 28 JANUARY
Accrington 4-3 Gillingham

AFC Wimbledon 1-2 Aldershot

Barnet 2-0 Crewe

Bristol Rovers 2-1 Bradford

Dagenham & Redbridge 3-2 Rotherham

Hereford 0-2 Shrewsbury

Macclesfield 1-3 Cheltenham

Port Vale 1-0 Plymouth

Torquay 1-0 Northampton

o.gif

It was a header though I was right about that, Brett also scored header. both Liam Feeney assists. Feeney was really good player for us at that time, scored in the massive Grimsby game aswell. didn't we get him from Weymouth or someone.

Torquay 1 - 2 Bournemouth​

Steve Fletcher's late goal saw Bournemouth go joint top as their fine start to the new season continued.

The Cherries took the lead just after the break with Brett Pitman powerfully heading home Liam Feeney's cross.

Torquay deservedly levelled just after the break with centre-back Chris Todd sending a powerful point-blank header past Bournemouth keeper Shwan Jalal.

Gulls striker Tim Sills then saw his late header hit the crossbar before Fletcher headed home Feeney's cross.

Bournemouth assistant manager Jason Tindall told BBC Radio Solent:

"It was a very hard fought game, they were a good side, especially at home.

"By our own admission we haven't played particularly well today.

"The lads have worked extremely hard, especially in the second half."

Isn't that pretty much exactly as it went last time we played at Plymouth too?

Isn't that pretty much exactly as it went last time we played at Plymouth too?

The only time I went to Plymouth we drew 0-0 mid 2000s year they were champions, Barry Knightmare was ref he gave them last min pen Mossy saved his one and only pen I think, good scenes though felt like winner.

Who was at Swansea away in 2008? They were 1-0 up about to win the league and we scored two goals in injury time Partington and Kuffour, one of the most mental celebrations I've ever experienced with everyone lost themselves as it was 2 goals in 90 seconds of injury time.

Who was at Swansea away in 2008? They were 1-0 up about to win the league and we scored two goals in injury time Partington and Kuffour, one of the most mental celebrations I've ever experienced with everyone lost themselves as it was 2 goals in 90 seconds of injury time.
Now you're talking Vlad. Little Dibs first away game aged 20 Months. Swansea didn't like it one bit. (The result, not little Dibs first away game) :)

Last time I was there it was a late fletcher winner to make it 2-1 after they'd pegged us back to 1-1
I remember it but I didn't go that time.
But when I went to that 0-0 match I was surprised how long it took to get to Plymouth in the car we weren't slow either - you think because it's south it won't be long but it's good 3 hours at least.
I think Plymouth are one of those clubs who are bit of sleeping giant with the catchment area they have.

Now you're talking Vlad. Little Dibs first away game aged 20 Months. Swansea didn't like it one bit. (The result, not little Dibs first away game) :)
Crazy scenes wasn't it about 400 of us there, their fans were right next to us giving it the title songs then all that injury time goal madness happened, I've never seen a bunch of fans just completely destroyed of their soul like them lot to right of us lol. I went over the segregation barrier in the carnage.

Look at that post Torquay game table in L2 2009. Those memories, some absolute mammoths in there, and we went up in 2nd place like we were after 6th game. Apart from Bradford we were the 2nd biggest club in the league, phucking massive.

You forgot Notts County. Oldest club in the League, over 20 seasons of Div 1 football, in the League 50 years before us, 47k record crowd, bigger ground than us and the only team to draw three 20k plus crowds to Dean Court.

;