Non - Torquay United

Crazy scenes wasn't it about 400 of us there, their fans were right next to us giving it the title songs then all that injury time goal madness happened, I've never seen a bunch of fans just completely destroyed of their soul like them lot to right of us lol.
One or two trying to break through the barrier. I'm constantly trying to remind my now 17 year old about this day. He can't remember anything of it. Shameful behaviour I think.

You forgot Notts County. Oldest club in the League, over 20 seasons of Div 1 football, in the League 50 years before us, 47k record crowd, bigger ground than us and the only team to draw three 20k plus crowds to Dean Court.
Port Vale also have a bigger stadium than us but I wouldn't really call them a bigger club.

One or two trying to break through the barrier. I'm constantly trying to remind my now 17 year old about this day. He can't remember anything of it. Shameful behaviour I think.

Those were the days, shame we still went down that year because of the -10.
The most insane away day was my first ever away day at Brentford 1995, last away game of season had to win to stay up, they were top- the legend Steve Jones got the winner the away end was mental and overfilled it was manic.

The most insane away day was my first ever away day at Brentford 1995, last away game of season had to win to stay up, they were top- the legend Steve Jones got the winner the away end was mental and overfilled it was manic.
Tin-Tin (Scott Mean) involved. I was there. Another game we won, that we probably shouldn't have.

The Brentford away game was the best away day ever IMO

Tin-Tin (Scott Mean) involved. I was there. Another game we won, that we probably shouldn't have.
Yeah they were all over us to start with then Scott Mean got that low level half volley then they battered us got the equalizer. Then Pennock lumped it forward think Holland flicked it on and Jones ran at them and scored that legendary goal.

Look at the lower tier, absolutely rammed, apparently crowd was 10k must've been 2k of us in that away terrace at least.

I'm briefly in the shot when Mel runs to the fans.
That blue and black stripe away kit absolutely gorgeous.

I think Charlton the game we just ran all over them easily but the mad part was when Sheff Wed equalized against Watford in injury time my brother had paddy powe up on phone - dangerous free kick for Sheff Wed 90 mins and then proceeded the most scrappiest goals I've ever seen but big thanks to Nuhui for that and that's when we all went mental because we became Champions.

Won 1 0 there through McElhaton goal (off his kneecap). Very cold day. Played for the fanzine side @Plymouth in morning.
Was that great escape season?
Great as that tape is I remember a couple of weird edits near end where they missed one of our goals against Crewe and also made it look we had a legitimate goal celebrations go on for fair time but then commentator says right at end "but the goal was disallowed" lol I think it it may have been Plymouth at home.

Great as that tape is I remember a couple of weird edits near end where they missed one of our goals against Crewe and also made it look we had a legitimate goal celebrations go on for fair time but then commentator says right at end "but the goal was disallowed" lol I think it it may have been Plymouth at home.
Feb 1995 think.
Not the 8502 fanzine team played Plymouth fanzine team on an artificial pitch in the morning. We undoubtedly lost!!!!!!

Feb 1995 think.
Not the 8502 fanzine team played Plymouth fanzine team on an artificial pitch in the morning. We undoubtedly lost!!!!!!
Finally got a decent header on a Mick C. set piece at Plymouth on a plastic pitch. Missed the target, obviously.

IIRC it had a layer of sand to stop the stupid bounce, it didn't, and just meant more damage to your knees if you went over or went under to tackle.

Just play it with a straight body and hope it bounces in your favour, like you should a straight bat in the current test match.

Last edited:
Feb 1995 think.
Yeah I think Plymouth at home in 95 think it ended 0-0 but the commentator went along with the disallowed goal from Jones for some reason and pretended it wasn't pre recorded footage and then after all the players and fans celebrating he just says right at the end"but the goal was disallowed" lol.

Finally got a decent header on a Mick C. set piece at Plymouth on a plastic pitch. Missed the target, obviously.
Didn't we always...happy days though. Never forget Preston away 1st game of season. Had to be crowbarred out of mini bus to play - oh the luxurious travel to away games!!!
Supa scored on his debut in the main event

I have to say those first 8 games in the 95 great escape some outrageous shocking football was played by Cherries, But then we got a win bit of confidence and realized the other teams were quite shocking aswell.

For example look at Steve Jones getting our 3rd goal at Oxford in 95 and give me your rating on what the phuck that defender was doing. After he fell over he even got back behind Jones and Jones still scored lol.

Last edited:
Hope it wasn't THAT Crewe game...the infamous Barry Knight!!!

;