Non - Ukraine

Meanwhile we have a prime minister and cabinet almost entirely funded by Russian oligarchs waiting for them to move their cash elsewhere before imposing sanctions. I think there may be 27 other European countries slightly ahead of us.

Meanwhile we have a prime minister and cabinet almost entirely funded by Russian oligarchs waiting for them to move their cash elsewhere before imposing sanctions. I think there may be 27 other European countries slightly ahead of us.

You're absolutely right about our government but I think you're incredibly naïve about our European neighbours if you think they are any better.

You're absolutely right about our government but I think you're incredibly naïve about our European neighbours if you think they are any better.

the Germans and frogs make us seem honest and straight which is staggering. Hope Ukraine prevails and good luck to them.

Sadly ours and other western governments are actually better which is scary. I am a Brit but love I the USA and I am so thankful for the special relationship.

I'm not sure the citizens of the war torn countries we've toppled leaderships in because they don't align with Western intrests would agree tbh.

Hilarious. We wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for Germany and their direct pipeline to Russia.

Moves to kick the Russians out of everything are afoot.

They have lost the European Cup Final, skiing and Formula One for 2022.
Just been booted out of the Council of Europe.

Now that get them out of the Eurovision Song Contest. That will hurt.

Edited to add: Looks they have been excluded from the ESC. Now Putin will fall.

I do hope you are being ironic?

No idea how accurate but suggestions that it's not exactly gone to plan for Putin, and not the quick roll over he expected. Slower moving with more Russian losses than he would have expected.

Trouble being that it risks becoming less a surgical hit, and more bloody with more collateral damage.

He’s asked Kazakhstan for military support and they’ve rejected that.

Not going exactly to plan is it for Putin

I think the longer the Ukraine can hold on and take this to guerilla war in the cities, the better. It’s absolutely brutal but Putin was banking on a lightning quick invasion with maybe no resistance and people surrendering. It doesn’t look like that is happening so far.
The worry would be if it doesn’t go his way in the cities that he just starts levelling entire cities. Though that in turn would only stoke the outrage of Ukraine and the rest of the world.

Putin wants to rule the world and will stop at nothing. He has Hit Squads and his KGB has been upgraded to something far more secretive, lethal and sinister. Any of his oligarchs who cross his path he has them killed. There was a Russian Millionaire, Dmitry Obretetsky, a chemicals magnate, walking his dog in Surrey was run over and killed after being on a life support m/c for 5 days. We can all remember the poisoning of Seregei Skripal in Salisbury. I can remember the light aircraft that crashed after taking off from Hurn airport and I could smell the remains of burning rubber when driving past it a few days after the incident, was put down to Putins interference.
I'm wondering if anything will happen to Abramovich and Max Demin, but he may use them as a 'cover'
UTC

EU does not necessarily equal any better or worse support.

We are at least supplying Ukraine with weapons and providing logistical support to ensure delivery as well as intelligence. France, Poland and the Baltic states are also sending arms and equipment alongside us.

Germany are sending a few helmets, woah. They are still incredibly reluctant to budge on swift due to being compromised themselves on energy. Hopefully they will be embarrassed into agreeing eventually. Belgium want to keep selling diamonds to oligarchs.

It's a mixed bag to say the least.

Oh but everyone is lighting up their public buildings in blue and yellow across Europe and the world. Yep no hesitation there...

Last edited:
EU does not necessarily equal any better or worse support.

We are at least supplying Ukraine with weapons and providing logistical support to ensure delivery as well as intelligence. France, Poland and the Baltic states are also sending arms and equipment alongside us.

Germany are sending a few helmets, woah. They are still incredibly reluctant to budge on swift due to being compromised themselves on energy. Hopefully they will be embarrassed into agreeing eventually. Belgium want to keep selling diamonds to oligarchs.

It's a mixed bag to say the least.

Oh but everyone is lighting up their public buildings in blue and yellow across Europe and the world. Yep no hesitation there...
Less of the reasoned posts, please. I'm used to vitriol and insults.

That’s because you make sweeping statements which aren’t correct. You’re now agreeing with a post which disagreed with yours. What do you expect?
That’s more like it. Keep up the good ( if rather dull and repetitive) work.
I didn’t agree with his post at all but it was nice to get reasoned argument rather than the bland insults you like to throw around.

;