Non - Vegas Golden Knights

Toronto John

Fans' Favourite
The Golden Knights are in the Stanley Cup finals, having won the series over Dallas 4 games to 2.

They play the Florida Panthers, starting Saturday night. First two games in Vegas, next two in Florida, then 1-1-1 if necessary.

Vegas are bookies favourites to win series at -135.

After the Lord Stanley of Preston was appointed by Queen Victoria as Governor General of Canada on June 11, 1888, he and his family became highly enthusiastic about ice hockey. Soon afterwards, Stanley purchased what is frequently described as a decorative punch bowl made in Sheffield, England, and sold by London silversmith G. R. Collis and Company for ten guineas, equal to $1,585 in 2022 dollars. He had the words "Dominion Hockey Challenge Cup" engraved on one side of the outside rim, and "From Stanley of Preston" on the other side. The name "Stanley Cup" was given to it as early as May 1, 1893, when an Ottawa Journal article used the name as a title.

Premiere_Coupe_Stanley_1893.jpgstanleycup_clipped.jpg

The original cup and the cup as it recently looked are shown. Player names, management and staff are engraved on the bands, which are retired to the Hockey Hall of Fame from time to time to make room for more names.

This is a link to the Foley Entertainment site, where you can leave a message for Bill and team. Think it would be neat if AFCB supporters could leave a note of encouragement - "we are staying up, c'mon Vegas win the cup".

https://www.foleyentertainmentgroup.com

The Golden Knights are in the Stanley Cup finals, having won the series over Dallas 4 games to 2.

They play the Florida Panthers, starting Saturday night. First two games in Vegas, next two in Florida, then 1-1-1 if necessary.

Vegas are bookies favourites to win series at -135.

After the Lord Stanley of Preston was appointed by Queen Victoria as Governor General of Canada on June 11, 1888, he and his family became highly enthusiastic about ice hockey. Soon afterwards, Stanley purchased what is frequently described as a decorative punch bowl made in Sheffield, England, and sold by London silversmith G. R. Collis and Company for ten guineas, equal to $1,585 in 2022 dollars. He had the words "Dominion Hockey Challenge Cup" engraved on one side of the outside rim, and "From Stanley of Preston" on the other side. The name "Stanley Cup" was given to it as early as May 1, 1893, when an Ottawa Journal article used the name as a title.

View attachment 10897View attachment 10898

The original cup and the cup as it recently looked are shown. Player names, management and staff are engraved on the bands, which are retired to the Hockey Hall of Fame from time to time to make room for more names.

This is a link to the Foley Entertainment site, where you can leave a message for Bill and team. Think it would be neat if AFCB supporters could leave a note of encouragement - "we are staying up, c'mon Vegas win the cup".

https://www.foleyentertainmentgroup.com
Thanks, that was an interesting read.
It's a pretty hefty old thing these days !

I see it's mentioned on the afcb twitter feed. God help us. I also believe our freeloading new Yank pal Frevola is over there having enjoyed a free night at the boxing the other night.

Check out Boris Johnson if you want to see Freeloading taken to the next level. Section 3 is the best bit, especially from someone who said that he would lie down in front of the bulldozers to oppose Heathrow expansion.

https://members.parliament.uk/member/1423/registeredinterests

Fooking hell... not bad 'work' if you can get it.

No great surprise, I recall reading similar around George Osborne a few years back. Utter joke, way worse than the footballers wage thing imo.

Slimey Blair, and I guess most more modern high ranking politicians see similar royalties I imagine, to some extent.

But when are we going to be forced to buy tickets to go and watch a bunch of thugs on blades beat the living daylights out of each other in Las Vegas : )
Well, for first playoff game, lower bowl tickets going for from $2500 a pair on StubHub. Upper bowl from $1500 a pair.

Add 20% for potential game 5, which would be the first opportunity for the GK to win at home ..... if the series gets that far (tickets refundable if series goes 4 straight).

As @wayne189 says, we do love our playoffs.

Well, for first playoff game, lower bowl tickets going for from $2500 a pair on StubHub. Upper bowl from $1500 a pair.

Add 20% for potential game 5, which would be the first opportunity for the GK to win at home ..... if the series gets that far (tickets refundable if series goes 4 straight).

As @wayne189 says, we do love our playoffs.

Sounds tempting but the £3 handling charge puts me off : )

;