Non - Video Games

Picking 3 is near on impossible!

I'd probably go for GTA San Andreas as that was THE game of my teenage years.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is also a masterpiece.

I'd probably go Need For Speed Underground 2 as my 3rd choice, class game that is a huge part of why to this day I still spend way too much money modifying cars.

Honourable mention to FarCry 5, it's not as 'good' as the others, but still endless mindless fun. Highly recommend.

Daley Thompson decathlon - ZX Spectrum, those rubber keys took a right hammering!
Galaga arcade game - Purely nostalgia. played it non-stop in my nan's pub FOC.
GTA San Andreas - Playstation.

Daley Thompson decathlon - ZX Spectrum, those rubber keys took a right hammering!
Was your Nans pub local. By that I mean up to 70 miles from Bournemouth.

Remember it very well. If it's Speedball 1 I did play it after having played 2. Still lots of fun but my favourite is clear.

Also remember Chuck Rock used to say "Unga bunga". Can't remember too much else about it beyond it being a platformer.
Sorry Kirsikka I hadn’t read your earlier post.
Must admit I was surprised to see you played speedball.

Command and Conquer Red Alert and it's squeals.

Half-Life and it's squeals.

Used to be handy at an Unreal Tournament LAN match once upon a time, but was always crap at Counter Strike for some reason.

Need For Speed Underground is a great shout.

All of a certain vintage. Before real life kicked in and I (slightly) grew up. Don't really have the spare time or when I do the inclination these days.

I do still have a PC that could be tentatively called a gaming PC, with Steam and various things installed. Only issue with that is, on the odd occasion I do fancy firing it up, Steam needs to update everything and then I miss the chance.

GoldenEye - Multiplayer was hilarious, Oddjob sliding about on his knees, karate chopping people to death was my preferred move since it was so annoying.

Witcher 3 - Really got lost in that world.

Indianapolis 500 - All the way back to 1989 and the racing game where you could go the wrong way wrong the track and cause massive pile ups. Spent so many hours trying to create the wildest instant replays

I was also the proud owner of a binatone console circa 1975? This surely must have been one of the first consoles. It had that sh1tty tennis style game on it. Thought it was great at the time!

I almost ended up in the games industry as a story writer about 12 months ago. I had no industry experience and this was a mid-level position so, in addition to my covering letter, I included a one page story that was formatted almost like a game walkthrough talking about my gaming down the years and how I'd "levelled up" from era to era. It worked and got me to the first round of interviews (where they pretty much told me the story got me there). Multiple rounds and an example writing project later I was down to the last three but missed out... because of the industry experience of one of the other candidates. Nothing I could do about that.

Not sure if I'd have enjoyed being on the other side of the curtain but it was an interesting thought for a while.

Favourite games of all time are probably Mario Kart (Snes), Black Ops 2 and the Champ/Football manager series. I've been heavily into Apex Legends since launch, it's a superb game and the fact it's free is even better! I have been playing the latest FM mobile and have managed to turn The Cherries into the dominant team in world football, hardly spending a penny. Just upgraded the youth system and let the wonder kids arrive! I currently have possibly the greatest striker of all time from my youth squad.

I don't play computer games as much as I did having recently(ish) got back into tabletop gaming in the shape of The Horus Heresy. Painting miniatures has been the best thing I've done for my mental health in years. The fact I like the game they're attached to is a nice bonus!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240412_140959_FM24 Mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20240412_140959_FM24 Mobile.jpg
    811.8 KB · Views: 4
My vote would be for Titan Quest, which is an RPG where you create a character with certain characteristics. By defeating all manner of creatures you access various equipment & weapons etc.
What makes the game for me is the music which is very atmospheric and therefore easy to lose yourself & de-stress.
This is an extremely long game where you travel through 5 ages & level up as you go.
It's quite an old game, but there is Titan Quest 2 coming out soon, so something new to look forward to!

Wow, how far can we go back?

From the Arcade era:
Street Fighter II (blew way too many quarters on that one)
Double Dragon (fun to play with a friend)

NES
Super Mario Bros - what a soundtrack
(Super) Mario Kart

PC
Wolfenstein 3D (first-ever scrolling 3D FPS) ("Achtung! ... Mein Leben!")
Duke Nuke 'Em
Prince of Persia (what a cool game)
Starcraft (first-ever video game to spawn a "pro" league) - wasted way too many hours on this in the early 2000s.

Haven't played video games for about 20 years now, so my picks are all pretty old!

From the Arcade era:

NES
(Super) Mario Kart

PC
Duke Nuke 'Em
Starcraft (first-ever video game to spawn a "pro" league) - wasted way too many hours on this in the early 2000s.

Haven't played video games for about 20 years now, so my picks are all pretty old!

Double Dragon. Just use the elbow attack and complete it with ease before starting again. 10p lasted as long as you wanted to stay playing.

From the Arcade era:

NES
(Super) Mario Kart

PC
Duke Nuke 'Em

I could go back about as far as the MegaDrive! Italia 90, Rolling Thunder, WWF Super Wrestlemania, many happy memories.
Still break out my old Sega on occasion!

The Street Fighter games are amazing too

;