Non - Wetherspoons

Cornwall has some brilliant small breweries...and some of the best ales in Britain....but it's only a matter of time before the big w@nker companies buy them out and f√ck up the recipes !
Agreed. The same thing happened in the West Midlands when Marstons took over the Banks's brewery. Banks's Mild was an excellent pint brewed for the working man. The ale stuck to the glass all the way down. It had a excellent 'nutty' taste and one could balance a 50p coin on the head and it wouldn't sink! When Marstons took over they changed the water supply of which originally came from the Wrekin well and so, killed it completely.

After a few months local farmers were complaining of severe flooding around the Wrekin area as the water was no longer being drained and used by the brewery and so, the natural well was over flowing.

Why try and fix something that was not broken!

There are not 1800 indigenous regional breweries.

With the well publicised takeover of Fuller’s brewing operation by Japan’s Asahi in January 2019, we thought it was time we looked at how the structure of the UK brewing industry has changed since those heady days back in 1980 when beer sales were at an all time high of 67mhL.

The big six had 39 breweries before the Beer Orders; only eight are still operating.

There are over 1800 breweries in the UK. Fact. Almost all are independently operated and owned within the UK. Some are larger than others and operate in a very local market, some operate nationally or regionally. The headline itself makes a mockery of it all when it says:-
"The big six had 39 breweries before the Beer Orders; only eight are still operating". Yes in those heady days when the Big Six - Courage, S&N, Whitbread, Bass, Watneys, and Allied controlled virtually the whole of the UK brewing and pub industry. If you pine for those heady pre Spoons days then you are welcome to it. Pint of Red Barrel sir !

Pubs?…I guess Spoons are probably offering what many want in terms of cheap (near out of date) beers and ding food!…not sure I have been in too many?…Bristol one was okay I recall near the quay…football fans seem to love them generally

The drinks features in the sale are draught beers and ciders (Doom Bar, Bud Light, Worthington's, Stowford Press Apple Cider and Budweiser).

Tough choice RH!

This one is magnificent.
Did that one on an epic day trip. Ryanair early flight Hurn to Glasgow, pubs then train to Edinburgh for pubs then late Ryanair from Edinburgh back to Hurn. cost £20 for an amazing pub crawl with the lads.

Pubs?…I guess Spoons are probably offering what many want in terms of cheap (near out of date) beers and ding food!…not sure I have been in too many?…Bristol one was okay I recall near the quay…football fans seem to love them generally
This place is your best bet. :grinning:

I recall food being cheaper than spoons last time I went.

I’m
Yes Guiness do have other breweries, but Guiness Stout, which I was referring to is only brewed in Ireland as far as i know.
That’s the sort of wiggle out of a comment Neil would use.
Not saying you’re doing that.
But get my meaning.

;