Non-Wildlife

Robert Irwin, the son of the late conservationist Steve Irwin, has celebrated breeding a rare turtle named after his father.

Steve, also known as the Crocodile Hunter, was an Australian zookeeper and media personality known for his nature-based TV shows and his catchphrase 'Crikey' during his close encounters.

Robert Irwin, the son of the late conservationist Steve Irwin, has celebrated breeding a rare turtle named after his father.

Steve, also known as the Crocodile Hunter, was an Australian zookeeper and media personality known for his nature-based TV shows and his catchphrase 'Crikey' during his close encounters.

So there’s a Turtle called Steve?

Oh- I see.

Good story actually :clap:

Just hope the grey never gets on Brownsea Island.

The researchers used DNA sequencing methods to identify the different types of bacteria in the guts of both red and grey squirrels.

The team found a particular type of microbe in the digestive systems of grey squirrels that helps break down a plant compound known as oxalate.

According to the researchers, the presence of this bacteria suggests grey squirrels can digest calcium from tree bark, which could also explain their destructive bark stripping behaviour.

The team said its findings, published in the Journal of Medical Microbiology, show grey squirrels have not only better general health and immunity compared to red squirrels but they also have a broader diet and are able to access a wider range of resources.

Driving through the New Forest near Bucklers Hard the other day and a Sparrow Hawk flew alongside the window about 3 meters away matching my speed for around 10 secs. Would have been amazing to video.

My better half took this when she was over there in September. Probably nothing new to you guys, but the New Forest is something really special for us. Found it on her phone last week, it was so nice that we developed it poster-size and now framed and up on the wall.

horses new forest.jpg

;