Non-Wildlife

They’ll be here any day now. Saw a hobby yesterday and there were plenty of sand martins for him to chase down.
As the weather warms a bit and the dragonflies start coming out, I’m hoping for Hobbies over local ponds. As per my last post- been recommended to look out for them over the pond on Morden Bog- apparently a favourite feeding spot.

Had these 2 fighting over black grapes at the weekend. There was only going to be 1 winner hence Mr. Jay looking a bit hacked off.

I am very excited to have found this very rare spider. It is a fencepost jumping spider and my research tells me it is only the third ever record in East Cambs. It is found on dry stone walls in south east Dorset between Worbarrow Bay and Swanage but has never been found in Purbeck or Portland.

Attachments

• IMG_7339.jpeg
    IMG_7339.jpeg
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 19
Really a question for @stanthevan or @Ken Baileys Ghost, but this little beauty kept me company while trudging through bog yesterday on an unsuccessful attempt to photograph a very noisy cuckoo - my pull-out guide tells me it might be a Four Spotted Chaser? 546A1899A.jpg

;