Non Wimborne FC

The clue is BCP is now, whether we like it or not a unitary authority and if City status was ever to be dished out it wouldn't be to any of Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole individually it would be to the whole BCP ala the City of Stoke-on-Trent which includes the towns of Tunstell, Burslem and Hanley and a sizeable chunk Newcastle-under-Lyme. Don't imagine many Port Vale fans are proud to say they now live in the City of Stoke!
Closer to home Brighton itself is not afforded city status it is Brighton AND Hove two separate towns that are now one city.
There's many more examples of towns amalgamating to be given city status, there's your clue!

All great but that isn't what was being argued about. He was talking about Bournemouth specifically.

If the catchment area is 750k by adding Dorset, to BCP...plus you could include south Wiltshire, east Devon, south west Hants. and east Somerset bringing it close to 1000k. then a 35,000 capacity stadium is a minimum requirement surely !

All great but that isn't what was being argued about. He was talking about Bournemouth specifically.
No he wasn't he clearly stated

"BCP has a population of over half a million and we have a ground that holds 7.5k more than Wimborne Town who play in the 9th tier of non league in comparison. Our ground holds less 2.5% of the population of BCP area and some small surrounding areas."

It was a comment on the potential number of AFCB fans in our local catchment area, however you want to define that. Are you saying only people that lived within the old Bournemouth County Borough boundary can support AFCB? Anyone living west of Frizzell's can F off and support Poole Town?

No he wasn't he clearly stated

"BCP has a population of over half a million and we have a ground that holds 7.5k more than Wimborne Town who play in the 9th tier of non league in comparison. Our ground holds less 2.5% of the population of BCP area and some small surrounding areas."

It was a comment on the potential number of AFCB fans in our local catchment area, however you want to define that. Are you saying only people that lived within the old Bournemouth County Borough boundary can support AFCB? Anyone living west of Frizzell's can F off and support Poole Town?

I responded to this... "Bournemouth is the largest populated town in England without city status."

... by saying this is not correct. It isn't. Neither is this which he said in response...

"The town's urban subdivision had a population of 187,503 at the 2011 census making it the largest town in the county."

If the catchment area is 750k by adding Dorset, to BCP...plus you could include south Wiltshire, east Devon, south west Hants. and east Somerset bringing it close to 1000k. then a 35,000 capacity stadium is a minimum requirement surely !

Thats why I find 20k underwhelming. Not my money of course, but 20k sounds way too cautious imo. 25k with potential to expand, incrementaly perhaps, to 30, 35, 40k imo.

'Build and they will come'. And that includes plastics, glory hunters and no doubt a good % of inbreds, yokels and toothless simpletons that the more remote Dorset, Devon and Somerset have amongst its numbers.

Perhaps factor in a 'barn' for their pre-match entertainment. Mindless brawls amongst each other, and rooms to facilitate more interbreeding.

I responded to this... "Bournemouth is the largest populated town in England without city status."

... by saying this is not correct. It isn't. Neither is this which he said in response...

"The town's urban subdivision had a population of 187,503 at the 2011 census making it the largest town in the county."

Think I've heard quarter of a mill population in the past 2 years... for BCP.

Out of interest, does City status bring other benefits (amongst potentially being somewhat more well known and more visitors... maybe).

Being selective to which bit's you respond to just to have an argument? Who'd have thought that from you Del?
The whole point was that no matter how you want to divide it up administratively AFCB's catchment is massively disproportional to our stadium's inadequate capacity.
I'm sure we can all see that and not even you can argue against it..........

Think I've heard quarter of a mill population in the past 2 years... for BCP.

Out of interest, does City status bring other benefits (amongst potentially being somewhat more well known and more visitors... maybe).
BCP is over 400K
Bournemouth alone was nearly 200k before the amalgamation.

The clue is BCP is now, whether we like it or not a unitary authority and if City status was ever to be dished out it wouldn't be to any of Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole individually it would be to the whole BCP ala the City of Stoke-on-Trent which includes the towns of Tunstell, Burslem and Hanley and a sizeable chunk Newcastle-under-Lyme. Don't imagine many Port Vale fans are proud to say they now live in the City of Stoke!
Closer to home Brighton itself is not afforded city status it is Brighton AND Hove two separate towns that are now one city.
There's many more examples of towns amalgamating to be given city status, there's your clue!
The six towns that comprise the City of Stoke on Trent are Stoke, Hanley, Burslem, Tunstall, Fenton and Longton...established in 1910.
Newcastle under Lyme, which I know well, is a separate town in its own right..although immediately adjacent and only 4 miles to the west of Stoke centre...and yes is considered part of a conurbation .
Port Vale fans are proud of being Stokies but moreso of Burslem and with a massive rivallry with Stoke FC.
It's a wonderful spirited city, the people have a general sense of humour second to none.

Being selective to which bit's you respond to just to have an argument? Who'd have thought that from you Del?
The whole point was that no matter how you want to divide it up administratively AFCB's catchment is massively disproportional to our stadium's inadequate capacity.
I'm sure we can all see that and not even you can argue against it..........

I responded to correct one specific point on his post, which was wrong. No big deal just pointed it out. This 'argument' appears to have come from your involvement. I was right on the one specific intervention I made and I've not really said much else other than reiterate my point. You need to look closer to home if you don't like arguments on here.

Lost 3-2 with virtually the last kick of the game.

They must now at least match Frome's result to clinch the title and promotion. They go to Melksham on Saturday.
Frome play Bristol Manor Farm at home; BMF will likely still need the points to clinch a playoff spot.

A Wimborne defeat and Frome draw would give the latter the title on goal difference.

;