Non - Woolies Could Return To UK

It was there well into the 90's. My friend worked there.

I worked Friday nights and Saturdays in Tesco Home n Wear down the road a bit, late 80's. A bugger trying to keep up with the scores..
I think we were shadowing one another. I worked in Tesco's Home N Wear, similar shifts but in the early 80s. I used to listen to the Rock show on Radio 1 with Alan Freeman up in the stock room, whilst occasionally feeding the cardboard baler. I also had to clean the Area Manager's Ford Granada most weekends. Slave labour I tells ya.

I would have been there around the same time(Sainsburys).Started mid 81 allthrough to the 90s.Wed evening and Sats.Unbelievable shop opening times back then compared to today.
As one of the main supermarkets in the area at that time busy days meant BUSY days(why I chose weds evening).Xmas a total nightmare.
Used to spend my wages (started on £14 for 12 hours work)down in DMC to pick up the latest tunes.

It was there well into the 90's. My friend worked there.

I worked Friday nights and Saturdays in Tesco Home n Wear down the road a bit, late 80's. A bugger trying to keep up with the scores..
Tesco Home n Wear, is now what is Lidl, on the corner. What is now G&T's was Tesco food store as well. CO-OP where the 'Wetherspoons' now is. The place next to police station, that was at one point the 'jobcentre' was originally a 'priceright' many years ago too...

Tesco Home n Wear, is now what is Lidl, on the corner. What is now G&T's was Tesco food store as well. CO-OP where the 'Wetherspoons' now is. The place next to police station, that was at one point the 'jobcentre' was originally a 'priceright' many years ago too...

Yep - down there probably twice a year, usually popping into see my mate who owns the Silverlake Micropub.

Right by where Chicken Delite was - £1.90 for a chicken sandwich & chips ;)

Yep - down there probably twice a year, usually popping into see my mate who owns the Silverlake Micropub.

Right by where Chicken Delite was - £1.90 for a chicken sandwich & chips ;)
That 'chicken delight' was originally a KFC many years ago, too!! They left, and are now back further down the road!! Opposite, where Iceland's etc is now, used to be a church (United reform) with a GP surgery behind. Church now in Luther road. The pub on corner (now Lark Rise), was a wine/beer shop for many, many years as well.

;