Nonny

Recording?

I'd love to see the real thing in the centre circle prematch.

Yes. Stick your carolines and clappers and flashy lights and all. The footage doing the rounds from Saturday of him leading the NS from the pitch is awesome. Want something that is relevant to AFCB? He is it.

I think there's a video following the promotion season where he and Eddie have a moment on the beach during the parade. Eddie looks at him and says something like "we heard you".

Someone 'ave a word please.

Don’t know the guy but have heard him for many years. Can anyone give a history of th chant he leads? How it started etc

Don’t know the guy but have heard him for many years. Can anyone give a history of th chant he leads? How it started etc

I don't remember him doing it when I first started going, so my guess would be late 90's. I was too young to remember how it started, but I do remember he didn't always (ever?) say thank you at the end like now and just went until his voice broke. Again, I was about 10 years old and this was 20 years ago now so I could well be wrong, but I definitely have memories of him losing his voice mid-chant followed by a bit of heckling.

I am sure I remember him being urged to start the "Red Army" chant on a flight back from Prestwick after the Carlisle game a few years back. Thankfully he declined as I think it would have frightened the life out of the Ryanair crew and forced the pilot to make an emergency landing.:utc:

Given some do not like Sweet Caroline perhaps it would be logical for a few Red Army's in the build up as the players come out. It is something where we are totally different to other clubs and the club should stump up for a free ST for John as well. I am sure Mike make some noise for the boys could orchestrate it.

Given some do not like Sweet Caroline perhaps it would be logical for a few Red Army's in the build up as the players come out. It is something where we are totally different to other clubs and the club should stump up for a free ST for John as well. I am sure Mike make some noise for the boys could orchestrate it.

"You say some do not like Sweet Caroline. Who actually does like it? I haven't spoken to anyone who does.

most people around me in the North stand seem completely indifferent to it. I would prefer something else but I don't know what. Unfortunately many of todays crowd are new supporters and while very welcome simply don't know what life was like pre EH.

I do not wish to be a Pavlov dog, following the Sky/Premier League corporate line, singing songs chosen for me. We are AFCB, WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SING WHAT WE WANT.
We have someone unique in Nonny, whose Red Army chant will get us in the right mood for the game. No cost to the club, but a unifying chant for the supporters.
The only other ‘unique’ person I can recall is the ‘ Skate with the bell’ who is known everywhere.
Will the club listen to us if there are sufficient formal requests for this to happen ?
You know the phrase - Together Anything Is Possible

He used to stand behind the goal on the old South Stand ( where the main stand is now ) . We used to call him Rambo as he had a Bournemouth scarf tied round his head and wrist .
Shouted a lot then but never the Red Army one .

My favourite Non evening was at Barnet, in that pub we tended to monopolise not far from the gound...

Red Army, etc...

...One Song, you've only got....etc...

Five minutes later I was asking the barstaff for a pen as I'd run out of fingers. I might have been drinking.

I'm still waiting for a different song IN A GROUND Non. We'll all be with you (except if it's Neil Diamond) :toot:

;