Nonny

Such sad news, I’m lost for words as we all are. Nonny has been an AFCB icon for years and will long continue to be now he’s left us and the football club he loved so much. Rest in peace Nonny.

Loved hearing Nonny on TV, on FIFA and in person.

Always delighted me to the see the look on the face of neutral friends I'd brought along to a game for the first time as they looked around as if a bomb had just gone off behind them as Nonny piped up.

At least as important to the club as any player, manager, owner etc. Matchday will simply no longer be the same.

I remember when as chair of the supporters trust we had a forum and John gave us a massive Red Army chant, it lifted us all, it just seemed right.
Never forget that moment.
Thanks for all the memories Nonny you were special to us all.
Thoughts are with your family and friends at this sad time.

Such sad news. It'll never be the same without his red army, but what a legacy leaving that chant behind which will no doubt continue for many more years. RIP. I bet 20+ odd years ago (the first time I heard it in the old ground as a kid from the family stand) he probably wouldn't have imagined gracing the top divisions stadiums for 5 years with it.

I never met Nonny in fact didn't even know what the man looked like but his voice you never forgot,when I lived in France for a few years and listened on the radio to commentary that chant brought me home and to the ground.
Rip Nonny enjoy the best seat in the place you will always be part of Afc. and of course
REEED ARRRRMY

I sat next to him at one of the Chelsea away games. As well as deafening me with the Red Army chant he kept waving his white stick at the linesman and asking him if he was blind. I wonder if there is anyone out there with a powerful voice that could take over the Red Army singing duties.

Life can be so cruel & that is the predominant thought in my head today.

I cannot imagine a single supporter at any club could be loved by so many for putting so many smiles on so many faces home & away for so many years. Nonny an absolute superfan/legend of the highest order you will be sorely missed. R. I. P.

;