Nonny

Yes what a fitting tribute from BOTN for Nonny, Sam and the team that was a very emotional watch ,but one which summed up the absolute legend John was .
Dean court will never be the same again.
We should name a stand in his memory.

Such a lovely video. I remember him from the south stand days at dean court and then the north stand.....thanks to the back of the net crew.

We'll try and do something at the next match here in Sydney in memory of him.

I remember one time away at Sunderland when having climbed all the way up to the away section - we all know what those mountainous stairs are like, don’t we? - I’d got into the arena and said to the steward that my knees were shot and was there a row where I didn’t have to climb any more steps, and like a gent, he showed me to a row one step down alongside some other of our faithful followers.

Stepping into the row, my right knee gave way and that was it, I was going head first down over the seats in front until someone grabbed my coat and pulled me back ....... it was Nonny who saved me. All he said was “there’yar mate” and carried on talking to the guy with him.

The inspiration, the passion and the leadership Nonny brought to the club will never be forgotten, and let’s be honest, it will be a bloody long time until anyone else gets anywhere near replicating it.

I never knew John to talk too, but would say hello if I ever saw him. His passing has really hit home for me, and the tribute from Sam is a wonderful snap shot of a truly wonderful man. I have shed quite a few tears over the last few days, that's the power of what it is to be part of the AFC Bournemouth football family. Rest in Peace Nonny, but shout loud on the terrace in the sky.

Last edited:
Very sad to loose such an icon of Dean Court. I will be showing my respect by making as much noise as possible at the ground, I hope Nonny will approve :cheers: :innocent:

I suppose Rest In Peace might not be so apt for Nonny! X

;