Norwich C v AFC Bournemouth

billythekid

UTC Legend
For this crunch game our referee is Paul Tierney. We had him recently at Brighton and earlier at home in our win over Everton.

Those interested Jonathan Moss is in charge of VAR.

Think this is the turning point of the season, and for our chances of being here next year.

Eddie needs to stop being so stubborn with his tactics and formation. Please, for the love of God, switch to 4-3-3, just something other than an exploitative 4-4-2.

I remember when Surs was getting stick for apparently being one of Eddies' mates and that being the only reason he would play. I think now is the perfect time to start him. Gos and Cook are out of form, so put Billing and Surman in the centre with Lerma behind them, protecting the defence. Surman better start, he was impressive against Luton too.

I'd probably have a shot with Surridge up front. Two out of form strikers need to be benched (Wilson and Solanke), and it's perfect timing to give the youngster the chance to play up top against a leaky defence destined to go back down.

Hopefully Saturday is the day things turn around, I still want Eddie here next season no matter what. He simply needs to adapt to changes

:utc:

Another loss. Another Francis interview where he says "we will contibue to work hard to stop the rot". Don't kniw what to say, know exactly what were going to get.

Franno should be nowhere near the starting XI IMO... If Rico was fit enough to make the bench on Saturday, he should be fit enough to start next week. Making the back 4 Rico-Ake-Cook-Smith

I just hope Eddie goes with Lerma-Cook-Billing/Gosling in the middle... Poss even punt on Surman to take the game forward a bit (yes I know that is a strange things to say, including 'forward' and Surman' in the same sentence, but he was very good V Luton at directing play... and directing if forwards)...

...okay I'll be in with my idea for the steam selection;

Ramsdale (or Boruc)

Smith
Cook
Ake
Rico

L Cook
Lerma
Surman
Fraser

H Wilson

Surridge

Subs: Boruc (or Travers)/Billing/Wilson/Solanke/Simpson/Gosling/Dobre (or Kelly if ready)

I know it won't happen as Francis will be in there somewhere but we need to freshen things up...wonder if Danjuma may be close to a return??

Unlike yesterday, I won't have to stay sober at Norwich, so bring it on!

Smith and Ake a game closer to full match fitness and hopefully another positive I can't think of??

Lukas Rupp from Hoffenheim with reports in Germany for an initial fee of 500,000 Euros.

Ondrej Duda from Hertha Berlin on loan.

------------Ramsdale------------
Smith----S. Cook---Ake----Rico
---L. Cook---Lerma---Surman---
-------------H. Wilson-------------
------Wilson-------Surridge------

Subs: Boruc, Simpson, Francis, Gosling, Billing, Fraser, Solanke

Hopefully everyone has come through unscathed from Watford (physically; I'd imagine the shame is still burning away for those that actually care). That back 4 is probably our first choice back 4, so no excuses there. I will not hear another bad word against Rico, stand up guy and excellent left back who, wherever we are next season, I hope he's there too.

Midfield; I've gone for a 3. I think the most important thing is to get players in with a good first touch- more importantly, Surman was excellent against Luton, and can't do any worse than any of the others have recently. Surman offers good ball control, a cool head, actual leadership qualities and, whisper it quietly, is actually a very good passer, and is capable of some good forward balls. He is also quite weak and slow; he's no Sergio Busquets, he's arguably "done" at this level, but he does several key things very well, like absorbing pressure (to an extent), recycling the ball efficiently and quickly, and picking out passes smartly. It's time to try something new, yet familiar. Get Surman back in.

Thats where the other two come in. We all know how good Lerma is, we know how good L. Cook can be, lets leave the boring, recycling of the ball to Surman, and allow L. Cook to try and be creative with his passing and movement, and allow Lerma to do what he does best: maim and bully the opposition.

H. Wilson, with his good shooting ability and slide rule passes, naturally fits behind the strikers. He doesn't track back, can't dribble all that well, and is weak. Put him in the hole, put him where we should have put Ibe from the moment we signed him. Get him around the edge of the box, and he will win corners, create chances, create free-for-alls in the box, and maybe even score.

Wilson stays up front because he is technically a better goalscorer than Solanke. Maybe with this new formation, he'll see a bit more action. At the end of the day, it's up to him, and whether he's happy to have had no shots on target since October. Surridge showed some endeavor vs Watford, some attacking initiative, and looks like he wants to score. He's scored goals at other levels, he's scored more than Solanke, so give him a go.

No point having wingers if they're not doing anything, we don't cross the ball in or create chances from wingplay anymore, so forget it. I thought Fraser was one of the better players against Watford personally, I don't buy into him looking like he didn't care- i thought he put a lot of effort in, and he looked devastated at full time. He's getting dropped purely because I want to see a new formation with new ideas, he can still come on and offer some pace at least.

Thoughts?

Hopefully everyone has come through unscathed from Watford (physically; I'd imagine the shame is still burning away for those that actually care). That back 4 is probably our first choice back 4, so no excuses there. I will not hear another bad word against Rico, stand up guy and excellent left back who, wherever we are next season, I hope he's there too.

Midfield; I've gone for a 3. I think the most important thing is to get players in with a good first touch- more importantly, Surman was excellent against Luton, and can't do any worse than any of the others have recently. Surman offers good ball control, a cool head, actual leadership qualities and, whisper it quietly, is actually a very good passer, and is capable of some good forward balls. He is also quite weak and slow; he's no Sergio Busquets, he's arguably "done" at this level, but he does several key things very well, like absorbing pressure (to an extent), recycling the ball efficiently and quickly, and picking out passes smartly. It's time to try something new, yet familiar. Get Surman back in.

Thats where the other two come in. We all know how good Lerma is, we know how good L. Cook can be, lets leave the boring, recycling of the ball to Surman, and allow L. Cook to try and be creative with his passing and movement, and allow Lerma to do what he does best: maim and bully the opposition.

H. Wilson, with his good shooting ability and slide rule passes, naturally fits behind the strikers. He doesn't track back, can't dribble all that well, and is weak. Put him in the hole, put him where we should have put Ibe from the moment we signed him. Get him around the edge of the box, and he will win corners, create chances, create free-for-alls in the box, and maybe even score.

Wilson stays up front because he is technically a better goalscorer than Solanke. Maybe with this new formation, he'll see a bit more action. At the end of the day, it's up to him, and whether he's happy to have had no shots on target since October. Surridge showed some endeavor vs Watford, some attacking initiative, and looks like he wants to score. He's scored goals at other levels, he's scored more than Solanke, so give him a go.

No point having wingers if they're not doing anything, we don't cross the ball in or create chances from wingplay anymore, so forget it. I thought Fraser was one of the better players against Watford personally, I don't buy into him looking like he didn't care- i thought he put a lot of effort in, and he looked devastated at full time. He's getting dropped purely because I want to see a new formation with new ideas, he can still come on and offer some pace at least.

Thoughts?
Agree

Thoughts?

You and I are def in the same song sheet here. I even thought about Ibe just before you mentioned him in a similar fashion to H.Wilson’s abilities...

Agree with everything you’ve said here. I’m not sure if this what you meant but I’d have Surman sat just behind the midfield two...

But guess what... It won’t happen... it’ll be 4-4-2 with the same XI as Saturday...

Norwich aint too clever at the back ...but have a very industrious player called Cantwell.....he will have had a butchers hook at our Watford debacle... and be salivating at the thought going through our defence like a liquid....liquids dont have a shape..they just flow and assume the form of the container and slip through any holes in them.
Cantwell probably wont even train this week.
Theyll keep him tethered to a stake, salivating like a Miura Bull...till fight day...
No Surman.?….. No points.

Adjust optical devices.. Read my Quips...

...No Surman....No Points!
Hope to buggery im wrong!

;