Nottingham Forest v AFC Bournemouth

Just seen the highlights on Sky. See what everyone means about the co-commentary, incredibly biased! What a result for the lads though and Dom is on fire! England should be coming calling (hopefully no one else!)

Just seen the highlights on Sky. See what everyone means about the co-commentary, incredibly biased! What a result for the lads though and Dom is on fire! England should be coming calling (hopefully no one else!)
Everyone has a price surely?

70 million would surely test the resolve of the board?

I hope he stays, and don't think we should sell him at all, but as Ted Dibiase used to say.

'Everyone's got a price'

Everyone has a price surely?

70 million would surely test the resolve of the board?

I hope he stays, and don't think we should sell him at all, but as Ted Dibiase used to say.

'Everyone's got a price'

Or the bloke in the car show from commando.

'You know what I like the most... the price' ( before flooring it right out the glass Palace showroom window...

That'd be Bill or big Jim in this instance.

Don't think anyone's putting the boot in, they are just comparing the tactics.

GON would have 100 per cent tried to sit on the lead.

It's a negative tactic though, and almost tells the players we are lucky to get our noses in front.... so let's defend that narrow lead.

It's counterproductive and a negative message to the players, and it rarely paid off.

Wolves will be right down in the mire come May, and we most likely will be MI table or above.

Gary was great for us at the time, but the club did the right thing and moved on from the negative football.

Football is entertainment, and Gary wasn't doing much entertaining.
The club did the right thing in moving GON for the project ahead. Agreed.

If people want to compare tactics then fine let’s have an intelligent conversation. Not seeing that plus I felt we nearly threw away the game today. At 2-2 looked like forest with the crowd pumped up could win the game. Maybe would have if dango hadn’t kicked the ball off the line.

Lots to enjoy today but some poor periods of play too - just like Luton last week. Dom’s remarkable hatrick papered over some cracks today but some fine attacking play too.

These last 15 years have been extraordinary, today was just a different level entirely, sat at my kitchen table. Just taking in the hours and weeks and years. Saw some people today that I’ve not seen since 100 of us stood on the terrace at Bury. I think we’re going to a different place and I’m not going to be a part of it, amazing stuff. UTC
What do you mean you wont be a part of it?

You're already a part of it......witnessing all that is great about our club.

Commenting on today's game...... you're a part of it.

Really hope Luton do stay up and not just because of the incident last week.

They beat a damaged Newcastle today and a brilliant result for them.

It's quite an open league this year, and I can see Fulham and Wolves really getting sucked into it...IF the current bottom 3 clubs put a little run of 2 or 3 wins together.
Think Luton have shown a lot of heart to get back to the top flight. Ground is a shocker and style of play isn’t really what I like to watch but, with the resources at their disposal, they are very competitive and just have to make the most of what they have got.

Do you know when their new ground is due?

The club did the right thing in moving GON for the project ahead. Agreed.

If people want to compare tactics then fine let’s have an intelligent conversation. Not seeing that plus I felt we nearly threw away the game today. At 2-2 looked like forest with the crowd pumped up could win the game. Maybe would have if dango hadn’t kicked the ball off the line.

Lots to enjoy today but some poor periods of play too - just like Luton last week. Dom’s remarkable hatrick papered over some cracks today
Yeah wasn't champagne football by any measure.

Always difficult to play against 10 men.

Eddie always struggled with it, and it's not the golden ticket to a win that people sometimes assume.

I thought Forest played really well with 10 men, but also felt that the team had a confidence and composure at 2-2 that hasn't been seen for many years when playing against 10 men.

Wind back 2 years ago and it's the sort of game we would have panicked about and given the impetus to the opposition.

Dom definitely saved us today...he said he had a meeting about headers, and he scored 2 today.

It's the sort of tweaks that make the players confident and assured.

AI will have to play the next game from the stands..... 3 yellows means he faces a touch line ban.

Not ideal.

A few reflections having only seen the highlights and so no tactical analysis:

- Hats off to Dango. Asked to play a completely different role and by all accounts did a good job. He's raw but you can't fault his commitment and attitude.
- Forest fans are the most bitter bunch in the PL if the ones who post online are representative. Banging on about being a big club with a 'world famous' ground at every opportunity and thinking it gives them a god given right to win matches. Their support in the ground today was impressive though from what I heard.
- Having said that, Forest Forum is quoting R+R and Brian for their voice of the opposition thread. A less representative cross section of our support you couldn't wish to find.
- Dom's value is going up 10m a week at the moment! Still, I don't think we will sell in January at any price. I reckon Bill is eyeing up Europe.
- It's so good to have genuine options off the bench in multiple positions. Today it was Brooks, Moore, Sinistera, Scott. Unbelievable options to have despite injuries to a few key players.
- It's a shame we only have 3 PL games in the next 5 weeks given the momentum we have. Good to get a couple back from injury in Jan though. Think we need to add a full back or recall Hill (is that an option?) too.
- Hard to believe it was only 8 weeks ago we lost to Wolves and AI was on the brink. Just how important in our recent past could that Billing 45 yarder vs Burnley be looking back?

Good summary.

I think the break will do us good purely from a fitness and injury perspective.

But as you say, would like to carry the momentum on.

A few reflections having only seen the highlights and so no tactical analysis:

- Hats off to Dango. Asked to play a completely different role and by all accounts did a good job. He's raw but you can't fault his commitment and attitude.
- Forest fans are the most bitter bunch in the PL if the ones who post online are representative. Banging on about being a big club with a 'world famous' ground at every opportunity and thinking it gives them a god given right to win matches. Their support in the ground today was impressive though from what I heard.
- Having said that, Forest Forum is quoting R+R and Brian for their voice of the opposition thread. A less representative cross section of our support you couldn't wish to find.
- Dom's value is going up 10m a week at the moment! Still, I don't think we will sell in January at any price. I reckon Bill is eyeing up Europe.
- It's so good to have genuine options off the bench in multiple positions. Today it was Brooks, Moore, Sinistera, Scott. Unbelievable options to have despite injuries to a few key players.
- It's a shame we only have 3 PL games in the next 5 weeks given the momentum we have. Good to get a couple back from injury in Jan though. Think we need to add a full back or recall Hill (is that an option?) too.
- Hard to believe it was only 8 weeks ago we lost to Wolves and AI was on the brink. Just how important in our recent past could that Billing 45 yarder vs Burnley be looking back?

Good summary.

Hoped the world famous ground was tongue in cheek, but pretty clear it isn't. Deeply embarrassing tbh. Tell you what, we should start singing it... particularly versus Forest... about Dean Court.

Bunch of simpletons.

Doms going nowhere in January. Totally expected media b0ll0cks on back of this run.

Our valuation or his value to us, and what clubs will be wiling to pay at present simply won't meet right now imo.

May as well have had a Forest season ticket holder on co-commentary. Birtles an absolute joke. How is that allowed?
20 min Highlights here

I think it's a very clear and obvious handball. The ball strikes his left arm, which is in an unnatural position, which is handball anywhere on the pitch. And we know VAR officials can remind the onfield ref of stuff because they admitted they should have done that in a recent game. I'm not complaining, I'm just very aware that this sort of thing will go against us in the future as it has done in the past.
I am puzzled as to how is arm was in an unnatural position. His arm was connected to his shoulder which is perfectly normal. Yes we got out of jail with that decision. However, these decision even themselves out over the season.

Well my first visit to ‘The World Famous City Ground’…they really are buried in the past them lot…although liked the Clough montage pre game..

Neto 7 some scratchy punches but good stops too
Smith 8 Immense performance great cross for Solanke to score
Zarbarnyi 7.5 got battered when Forest were pressing but kept battling
Senesi 8 looking a leader in the back line great cross for Solanke to score too
Ouatarra 8.5 phenomenal switch to left back and had an inspirational match
Tavernier 6.5 quiet game for him his defensive duties lack muscle
Cook 6.5 hope the injury concerns don’t give us a problem for an in form player
Christie 8 Another dynamo game for the Scottish dervish
Semenyo 8 Tore it up in the first half but faded in the second half
Billing 7.5 did okay nice flick to Dom for his first goal
Solanke 10 wow this guy just gets better two of the very best headed goals and was at it all game fab hatrick for him, the difference between the sides
Scott 6.5 difficult game for him to come on in, lost the ball for Forests first goal hope his knock is just not serious
Rothwell 7 steadied the ship a bit at a tough period if the game
Sinisterra 7.5 good impact sub busy and kept the home defence on their toes
Moore and Brooks only a very short time for them but Brooks nearly scored hitting the post

Referee 6 not great and too fussy with his cards…Boly unlucky to get a card which meant red for him

Have to say NF gave us a great game and we probably stole the points at the end…they won’t go down with the fight that they put it with ten men

I am puzzled as to how is arm was in an unnatural position. His arm was connected to his shoulder which is perfectly normal. Yes we got out of jail with that decision. However, these decision even themselves out over the season.

I dont buy into that cliche at all. Proven decisions don't even themselves out. Lazy comment to brush away bad decisions imo.

The tackle that led to the second yellow was never even a foul, let alone a yellow card. If that goes against us we would all be absolutely fuming, and rightly so. Rather than an ‘us against them’ mentality, some of us just want competent officials who don’t ruin the game every other week. It benefitted us today, but next week it might not.

I’m also very happy we got the result that we wanted, but it doesn’t mean that we can’t have the conversation.
It was a yellow, same as.Christie’s in the second half.

Still buzzing from that!

;