Nottingham Forest

He scored and looked excellent throughout. I was there. He's had one or two serious knee injuries since. Like Wilson. Is Wilson the same player he was before? Hmm.

To be honest yes Wilson is. He scored 20 goals in the Championship before his injuries. Last season he got 8 in the PL in not even a full season. People comparing pre-injury and post-injury Wilson also need to compare standard of opposition.

Cargill was an unused sub 50+ times before his injuries. I don’t think Eddie ever really had confidence in him in league matches.

From the club site on the Forest game: “The players and management acknowledged that the result wasn't ideal, but the minutes in the tank were important as a number of players featured in their first 90 minutes of the pre-season calendar.”

That’s classic spin. It was grim actually. Reminded me of the cup games against Wigan last season. Even if a friendly - some coherence and energy might have been expected. Makes me twitchy about Cardiff.

JT gave the interview after the game.

Asked about Wilson coming off after 70 minutes, it was always the plan he replied.

Disappointed with the results in the last two games, but thought we did better in Spain.

Now two more games coming up until we get to the important one against Cardiff.

Gosling was OK yesterday - can see him starting against Cardiff with L Cook and possibly Brooks, who needs to play in an advanced left position. Brooks has a fine left foot and plenty of energy. But still urgently need that strong DM.

It comes as no surprise to me that we looked better against the Spanish teams who are a week behind us in terms of season preparation, and then worse against the Championship teams who are a week ahead. The first few weeks of pre season are all about fitness, nothing else. Now that we’re 2 weeks away from the first game of the season I’d imagine they’ll start to work a bit more on shape, tactics, set pieces, starting 11s etc. We’ve come through 4 games now without any injuries, that’ll do for me.

Pre season was far more interesting when we were in the lower leagues. We didn’t have huge squads that meant we needed back to back games in less than 24 hours in order to give everyone at least 45 minutes. The team that played would likely be the first 11 mixed with a few squad players and trialists. I’d go along hoping that the lad on trial, just released from Walsall, would be the answer to our midfield needs. Or that the youngster just signed on a free from someone like Coventry would turn out to be a gem. There’s none of that now, friendlies are training exercises and nothing more, which is why I no longer go.

All that said, I do hope Eddie has learnt his lesson from recent years and plays something resembling the first 11 for at least one of the games next weekend.

It comes as no surprise to me that we looked better against the Spanish teams who are a week behind us in terms of season preparation, and then worse against the Championship teams who are a week ahead. The first few weeks of pre season are all about fitness, nothing else. Now that we’re 2 weeks away from the first game of the season I’d imagine they’ll start to work a bit more on shape, tactics, set pieces, starting 11s etc. We’ve come through 4 games now without any injuries, that’ll do for me.

Pre season was far more interesting when we were in the lower leagues. We didn’t have huge squads that meant we needed back to back games in less than 24 hours in order to give everyone at least 45 minutes. The team that played would likely be the first 11 mixed with a few squad players and trialists. I’d go along hoping that the lad on trial, just released from Walsall, would be the answer to our midfield needs. Or that the youngster just signed on a free from someone like Coventry would turn out to be a gem. There’s none of that now, friendlies are training exercises and nothing more, which is why I no longer go.

All that said, I do hope Eddie has learnt his lesson from recent years and plays something resembling the first 11 for at least one of the games next weekend.
Agree , we don’t want the WBA and Watford games again thank you o_O

Ah I remember the old pre-season games at Dean Court back in the 60's. Reds against the whites!

looking at the highlights, and being the camera was a long way off I am probably wrong but it Daniels at fault for both goals?

possibly Brooks, who needs to play in an advanced left position. Brooks has a fine left foot and plenty of energy. But still urgently need that strong DM.

He played on the right against Sevilla and looked very good. Don't forget, Eddie seems to prefer wingers playing on the "wrong" side (copyright N Dawson) and cutting in

Yes - that’s what Eddie likes. But this does depend on the player having a right-foot option. Brooks looks promising but seems to be very dependent on the left foot, so can be read by markers after two or three moves. If he stays out right he needs the FB/WB in close support. Francis wasn’t doing this at Forest.

I wonder why last nights game can be broadcast, and this one can't?
My theory is of course we can't pay the media team two days running because of finances.:censor:
No it's ultimately down to the home team to provide streams for their fans and ultimately ours. Bristol City did, Forest didn't. If Betis and Marseille want streams they have to hope our media team have the cameras rolling

No it's ultimately down to the home team to provide streams for their fans and ultimately ours. Bristol City did, Forest didn't. If Betis and Marseille want streams they have to hope our media team have the cameras rolling
I would guess that we have cameras running to help the coaching team analyse player's performances and that it's not then too much hassle to host a stream on the web?

;