OAP concessions- disappearing at Spurs

Exaxtky. Sedan =North America

Saloon = UK

Are lexus popular in Canada, as tgey are in US? Sadly a very marginal brand over here.

Tbh suvs abd crossovers dominate sales in UK. Volvo announced few months back they're not going to produce any more saloons/estates. Quintessential estates back in the day.

Noticed a lot of Toyotas, lexus and US 'sedans' on the road when in Orlando last Sumner.

Most seem to want tgey silly, bulbous lumps to drive around in tge UK now.
In the USA it can depend on which state you live in and how bad the weather can get there. Further north u go it’s mainly 4x4 and all wheel drives. A lot of Subarus

In the USA it can depend on which state you live in and how bad the weather can get there. Further north u go it’s mainly 4x4 and all wheel drives. A lot of Subarus

Subarus have good rep for reliability, robustness.

Over here very marginal brand. More about imprezzas and even they're rare.

In US tgey have good rep for longevity, support network. Forrester and other marques.Never had a foothold in uk, beyond high performance imprezzas.

Subarus have good rep for reliability, robustness.

Over here very marginal brand. More about imprezzas and even they're rare.

In US tgey have good rep for longevity, support network. Forrester and other marques.Never had a foothold in uk, beyond high performance imprezzas.
Yeah very reliable and good in the snow and also longevity. Think the performance one is the WRX or something like that

Yeah very reliable and good in the snow and also longevity. Think the performance one is the WRX or something like that

Yeah sti and wrx. Decent, more modern ones skways seem to be driven by blokes in their 50s/60s with beards who look like engineers, or software devs whenever I see them on the road these days.

Or clapped out older ones driven by chavs with ridiculous after market exhausts and likeky not serviced fir years, going by sound of engine.

I preferred mitsibishi evo out the 2 bsck in late 90s/early 2ks. Throw back gran turismo days. Prefer German high performance cars now. A bit less 'fast n furious'. Silly ironing board spoilers, cheap.interior.

Legacy estate was a fine vehicle.

Last edited:
Yeah sti and wrx. Decent, more modern ones skways seem to be driven by blokes in their 50s/60s with beards who look like engineers, or software devs whenever I see them on the road these days.

Or clapped out older ones driven by chavs with ridiculous after market exhausts and likeky not serviced fir years.
Similar to here especially the older ones being driven by chavs or white trash as they are better known here

Fair move. We're all in it together... after all.

I'm not anti boomer at all. But large numbers of that demographic have benefitted financially in numerous ways.

I'm not saying totally eradicate benefits and concessions, but like it or not things have to change. Otherwise other generations will be footing the cost/shortfall, and without much of tge growth that older generations have benefitted from. Just by default of being born in a different era. And that's not on imo.

Football is a luxury after all. Tough titty if yiu don't like it. Hard times ahead for many. Not every pensioner is 'loaded' or reasonably well off abd I do feel sorry for them. But it's the same for every demographic. Should pensioners just because of age... not imo, given state of things and certainly not at expense of younger generation who in general haven't and likely won't have same breaks.
The boomers were the people that largely paid off the costs of the Second World War and had to deal with their scarred parents who had suffered far more than not having SKY or smashed avocados. They’re fully welcome to the benefits that their parents earned and sadly missed out on in my book.
We should be thankful for what previous generations have done to make our lives so much easier not sit about whining and looking for excuses to fail

Exaxtky. Sedan =North America

Saloon = UK

Are lexus popular in Canada, as tgey are in US? Sadly a very marginal brand over here.

Tbh suvs abd crossovers dominate sales in UK. Volvo announced few months back they're not going to produce any more saloons/estates. Quintessential estates back in the day.

Noticed a lot of Toyotas, lexus and US 'sedans' on the road when in Orlando last Sumner.

Most seem to want tgey silly, bulbous lumps to drive around in tge UK now.
From a site called RateHub ...
When it comes to new cars, Canadians love mid-sized crossovers like the Toyota Rav4 and Honda CR-V. Six of the 10 bestselling cars fall into this category, each with two rows of seating and cargo room to spare.

While traditional sedans are less popular than in years past, the style is far from passé. Three sedans made the top ten list, including the Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic and Hyundai Elantra.

Lexus is the high-end brother of Toyota and the Toyota Corolla and Camry's are much more popular.

The boomers were the people that largely paid off the costs of the Second World War and had to deal with their scarred parents who had suffered far more than not having SKY or smashed avocados. They’re fully welcome to the benefits that their parents earned and sadly missed out on in my book.
We should be thankful for what previous generations have done to make our lives so much easier not sit about whining and looking for excuses to fail

That is a very fair point.

But, they also facilitated liberalism, feminism getting a foothold.

Nothing beats the family station wagon complete with wood panels ala national lampoons Xmas vacation
Or really old school, as popularized by Jan and Dean ......

I bought a '34 wagon and we call it a woodie
You know it's not very cherry, it's an oldie but a goodie
Well, it ain't got a back seat or a rear window
But it still gets me where I wanna go

img-0528.jpg

From a site called RateHub ...
When it comes to new cars, Canadians love mid-sized crossovers like the Toyota Rav4 and Honda CR-V. Six of the 10 bestselling cars fall into this category, each with two rows of seating and cargo room to spare.

While traditional sedans are less popular than in years past, the style is far from passé. Three sedans made the top ten list, including the Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic and Hyundai Elantra.

Lexus is the high-end brother of Toyota and the Toyota Corolla and Camry's are much more popular.

Yeah clocked amount of Camrys on holiday last year. Fairly 'sporty' looking ones too. They did reintroduce camry in uk few years ago, but discontinued production couple of years later. Hybrid only.

Simply isn't the appetite for saloons (sedans) in uk. Suvs and even more horrendous crossovers Is what the masses wanted. Saloons/tourers look and perform much better, better from green angle too. But people (sheep...) want something higher as apparently extra visibility on some roundabouts and easier to get kids in warrants buying bulbous, overweight piece of sh1t ;). Pathetic reasons imo.

Lexus are superb. Deserve much more exposure, credit over here. Toyota reliability with premium finish. But German cars are king in that sector. Again, lexus mainly hybrid here now. Isf and gsf v8's were absolute monsters (in good way) and go for a lot of money. But discontinued in UK years bsck as no appetite for them.

Yeah clocked amount of Camrys on holiday last year. Fairly 'sporty' looking ones too. They did reintroduce camry in uk few years ago, but discontinued production couple of years later. Hybrid only.

Simply isn't the appetite for saloons (sedans) in uk. Suvs and even more horrendous crossovers Is what the masses wanted. Saloons/tourers look and perform much better, better from green angle too. But people (sheep...) want something higher as apparently extra visibility on some roundabouts and easier to get kids in warrants buying bulbous, overweight piece of sh1t ;). Pathetic reasons imo.

Lexus are superb. Deserve much more exposure, credit over here. Toyota reliability with premium finish. But German cars are king in that sector. Again, lexus mainly hybrid here now. Isf and gsf v8's were absolute monsters (in good way) and go for a lot of money. But discontinued in UK years bsck as no appetite for them.
Have a Hyundai Genesis right now, reasonable value and a really comfy touring car for the summer.

Boomers are the people who claim credit for the sacrifices of the previous generation whilst selling future generations down the river and still try to pat themselves on the back.

The most self-centred and selfish generation there will ever be.

Boomers are the people who claim credit for the sacrifices of the previous generation whilst selling future generations down the river and still try to pat themselves on the back.

And claim credit at expense of future generations.

Speaking as a boomer, we got a heck of a leg up, if we were fortunate enough to get our dads back from the war. Economy was strong in the 50's, and many of us had opportunities to go to university if we wanted and then get decent jobs, many of which were "for life". At least, that was my experience and a lot of my contemporaries.

That said, we paid 50 years or so of taxes which contributed massively to the foundation of today's cities, hospitals, schools, etc. A lot of that boomer hard-earned money was squandered by reckless governments who had no clue. Corporate globalization was also a miserable bust for most, as the risks - primarily geopolitical, some cultural and also malfeasance of company leaders - were grossly overlooked.

As a clean shaven Software Engineer who will pick up his second car today meaning both are SUVs I'm really bucking the trend ;)

;