Ofoborh

What health problems has he had? Seems like a decent lad so hope it all comes good for him now.

I saw this on Twitter and was less than impressed with the attitude of the Swindon fans. Wall to wall statements like "state of this club can only bring in injured players".

He's a quality player, it's a free transfer and Swindon are in the bottom third of League Two.

Hope he does well and leaves the club on a free for bigger and better things.

I saw this on Twitter and was less than impressed with the attitude of the Swindon fans. Wall to wall statements like "state of this club can only bring in injured players".

He's a quality player, it's a free transfer and Swindon are in the bottom third of League Two.

Hope he does well and leaves the club on a free for bigger and better things.

Recall arrogant/condescending attitude of their fans on their forum back when they had Di Canio, Ritchie etc and were spending relatively big amounts for League 1 club, before Demin arrived and their owners suddenly decided to leave... can't say I felt particularly sad for them.

I think up to now there's only been mention of a 'heart issue' but there are a lot more details here: https://archive.ph/mhVpg

We don't have both sides of the story, but the way he describes it doesn't paint the club medical team in the best light. In the end, it was actually the Wycombe team who sent him to get it checked and he's got some anger toward AFCB for not taking him seriously the first couple of times the issue came up.

Sounds like an awful journey he's been through. As much as I retain antipathy toward Swindon, I can't help but wish him well.

Last edited:
I think up to now there's only been mention of a 'heart issue' but there are a lot more details here: https://archive.ph/mhVpg

We don't have both sides of the story, but the way he describes it doesn't paint the club medical team in the best light. In the end, it was actually the Wycombe team who sent him to get it checked and he's got some anger toward AFCB for not taking him seriously the first couple of times the issue came up.

These things aren’t often that easy and simple.

For example he would have had a medical to join Rangers which was announced in the February of 2021. Clearly nothing was picked up at that point.

Sounds like he slipped through the net. Yes, if the club were aware that he'd had these turns, he should have had a thorough examination. But, maybe they weren't fully aware. It's easy and natural to not want to make a fuss if weird symptoms are happening to you. It may be that the staff just didn't know how many funny turns Nnamdi had experienced, and what they were like. Really hard that this happened to him, and I'm glad he's playing again. Enjoyed watching him when he played for us. I think the lesson is for more routine and robust checks to be done with sports people in particular, and if something feels off, for any of us, we need to get checked and not worry about making a fuss.

These things aren’t often that easy and simple.

For example he would have had a medical to join Rangers which was announced in the February of 2021. Clearly nothing was picked up at that point.
Our medical team also didn't diagnose David Brooks. His problem was picked up by the Welsh National Teams medical staff.

;