Old DC Supporters Club

Those were the days. Get there a good 2 hours before game. Couple of beers. Back after match until closing. Couldn't do it now but at time looked forward to Saturdays. Now home by 9pm post match

Completed some of my journey to manhood in there. Remember a gentleman's evening where Jim Davidson was outdone by a good comic acting as MC and a spectacular stripper who caught sight of me with my tongue literally hanging out (which I do when I'm concentrating.....) and blew me a kiss. I nearly exploded. Luckily I was strategically placed far enough away from the front that I could hide my swelling pride. Well I was only 18.
I was there for Jim’ show too and yes the compare was much better than a half pissed Davidson...the strippers were a tad worn too!...I think one of them used to do topless bar work at Sour Grapes Wine Bar...first and only strip show that I have ever been to...think it was a fundraiser for the club back in the shady days!

I was there for Jim’ show too and yes the compare was much better than a half pissed Davidson...the strippers were a tad worn too!...I think one of them used to do topless bar work at Sour Grapes Wine Bar...first and only strip show that I have ever been to...think it was a fundraiser for the club back in the shady days!

Missed that one sadly (or not !) but I remember my mates claim to fame was Jim Davidson ripping the p1ss out of him in the audience - must of been when Davidson was a director during Webby's time

The best.
When I first went, maybe early 70s, the bar was along the right hand wall.
Plucking up courage to order beer at about 15? (And getting it).
The lunchtime death burger.
Going up for a half at last orders and getting pretty much a pint.
Players from both teams in the bar after games. Last player still to do that was Sean O'D.
V Southampton in the 70s, friendly. Ron Davies and Terry Paine say there drinking beer, chatting and signing autographs.
Police coming in for cold drinks during the Leeds pre match entertainment.
Going for a pint at half time, game was dreadful, lied and said my wife was due to give birth and I needed to use the payphones in the club.
Cheese and onion rolls.
The club died a little when we lost that.

It was around the early eighties. I was also the first female to work behind the bar, worked with both Don and Ian , absolutely loved it, I was also the secretary of Dean Court Supporters Club Sunday football team when Alan Mac was the manager, happy days.

It was around the early eighties. I was also the first female to work behind the bar, worked with both Don and Ian , absolutely loved it, I was also the secretary of Dean Court Supporters Club Sunday football team when Alan Mac was the manager, happy days.

My dad was involved with the DCSC in the ‘70s. Unfortunately, he died in 1980.

When Dean Court was demolished didn't the supporters club move next door to Pokesdown Station and share a club with the town's Celtic supporters?

The Celtic supporters club at the station was something else. I popped in from time to time for a beer. There was a big model railway set up there.

I was introduced to the wonders of Caffreys there, four pints pre match .... lovely stuff! :cheers:

I wasn't there but I seem to recall they did a special price promo one Friday evening to introduce Caffrey's. The fans I saw the next day who were there, all had massive hangovers.

Slough Town supporters club on a Sunday lunchtime in the late early 80's was the place to go for strippers. Very raunchy and if you didn't want to end up b-----k naked on the stage, best not to attract the strippers attention

My Dad was also on the committee, in the 70s and early 80s, maybe a bit earlier than @afcblady. He was also the regular bingo caller on Sunday evenings for a few years. Then my brother @Kinson Cherry worked behind the bar. Our family were regulars there, not just on match days but my mum and dad used to go to the do’s there often. Great memories.

I blooming loved that club. Been drinking in there on match days for two years, then mentioned to Bob Twitching that it was my 18th soon. Thought he was going to explode. I liked him, is he still about anyone know?
Bob (Twitchen) is still around, yes. After the supporters club closed he became a regular at the Legion and after that closed he started frequenting the Avon Social in Avon Road, still goes there now. That’s a regular haunt for 2 or 3 post match beers for my Dad, my brother and myself on the walk home to my Dad’s

;