old question I know...

corfe_red

Fans' Favourite
..but with 3k stoke fans, what would have been our attendance been IF we had the capacity ???

> 18k

great question - my hunch is between 16-18k

Depends on the proportion of ST holders. We'd sell loads of STs in the PL and could sell a few thousand extra to infrequent visitors. If you tried to sell 10,000 to infrequent visitors for Stoke you'd struggle.

If it were simple and straightforward to buy tickets our base home support in the PL would be around 20K.

If WE had the capacity ..... its not F####ing Stoke fans who want the tickets its F#####ing US. What the FLYING F## is the deal- everyone moaning about Stoke fans - now you want more of em! We want to fill a 35,000 plus stadium with Dorset and Hampshire Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic fans plus some P###d off Saints admirers of us, and half of Somerset, Devon and Wiltshire .... not infrequent tourists or Stoke or Mangoonians or Liverplonkers! 33,000 of US and 2,000 Away at most! Don't wind me up on Monday mornings please!

Someone at work asked me about getting a pair of tickets to a home game, so I checked the Newcastle match and the tickets sold out with a requirement of about 10 home points.

Our ground can't hold our existing base let alone the casuals and the 1000s of schoolkids who'd go if they could.

Right now wed fill 25k without having to try to gain new fans.

With all those that have never missed a match for years, but now can't, I reckon 17,532.
Pies would have run out around 1415hrs.

AlGard - 5/2/2018 11:02

With all those that have never missed a match for years, but now can't, I reckon 17,532.
Pies would have run out around 1415hrs.

Could see that one coming as soon as this thread went up!

What's all this 'points' stuff? Thought all the people filling the ground had ST,s .why do you need points if you have an ST. I'm so out of touch with what's going on at DC! I was in Poole a few weeks ago -I meant to go over to Vitality office to enquire but had to attend mother who was unwell.

Yes correct Bill, if you have an ST you don't have to worry about points, apart from away games.

But the remaining seats of which i guess there are approx 2000 go on sale to non ST holders and are done via the points system.

Last March Neill Blake told the Cherries Trust that: "The capacity being considered for a new stadium will be in the region of 20-25,000 with the potential to increase up to 30,000."

At the moment we have 7,000 ST holders and about 2,000 game by game home tickets per match. While we remain in the PL I think we could easily sell twice as many STs. Demand for game by game tickets would be kept up by the points system but of course some ST holders might miss this one. So I reckon 12,500 ST holders (including tickets lent to friends and family), 3,500 other home fans and, say, 2,000 Stoke = 18,000.

Or, put another, about 90% capacity of the smallest capacity stadium the club are looking at.

Cheers WMC! If I get to away games its by getting tickets through relatives(Swansea) or friends in Newcastle or Stoke but usually in the home ends ( not boring!). If its London or Manch/LivP. I just take a chance asking around, and can be costly, sometimes unsuccsessful and go to other entertainment-, theatre etc but now with wife under hospital treatment here in Cornwall and mother in Poole needing help I can't get to any for quite a while, but that's a bit clearer now about STs.

Sorry Roger - 5/2/2018 12:15

Last March Neill Blake told the Cherries Trust that: "The capacity being considered for a new stadium will be in the region of 20-25,000 with the potential to increase up to 30,000."

At the moment we have 7,000 ST holders and about 2,000 game by game home tickets per match. While we remain in the PL I think we could easily sell twice as many STs. Demand for game by game tickets would be kept up by the points system but of course some ST holders might miss this one. So I reckon 12,500 ST holders (including tickets lent to friends and family), 3,500 other home fans and, say, 2,000 Stoke = 18,000.

Play Stoke or any PL club who are doing well or at the beginning or end of the season when the weather is better and a short weekend break is sort, the away numbers would be 3k IMO

Some tickets were sold on Saturday morning and the criteria was one home point.

BillMcgarrycherry - 5/2/2018 10:53

If WE had the capacity ..... its not F####ing Stoke fans who want the tickets its F#####ing US. What the FLYING F## is the deal- everyone moaning about Stoke fans - now you want more of em! We want to fill a 35,000 plus stadium with Dorset and Hampshire Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic fans plus some P###d off Saints admirers of us, and half of Somerset, Devon and Wiltshire .... not infrequent tourists or Stoke or Mangoonians or Liverplonkers! 33,000 of US and 2,000 Away at most! Don't wind me up on Monday mornings please!

Slightly optimistic perhaps but the sentiments are spot on.

DJ - 5/2/2018 12:23

Which doesn’t help anyone with no points, or who can’t hang around to the Saturday morning on the off chance.

Grumpy G - 5/2/2018 12:32

Which doesn’t help anyone with no points, or who can’t hang around to the Saturday morning on the off chance.

All very true, just didn't know if this was an indicator to show how low the points requirements are dropping for the "less attractive" games?

DJ - 5/2/2018 12:44

Grumpy G - 5/2/2018 12:32

All very true, just didn't know if this was an indicator to show how low the points requirements are dropping for the "less attractive" games?

Didn't some extra tickets com available on the morning of the game after having previously sold out? Not sure its really an indication of demand.

Anyway the target market for our new stadium is those on zero points. A lack of demand from fans with 1-3 points is totally different to the demand of new fans we'd be trying to attract.

I checked up on Swansea as a club similar in size to us. The Vetch, which opened in 1912 and closed in 2005, had a final capacity of 11,700, but as in the days of Harry and the like at the old Dean Court, for some matches there were much larger crowds.

Swansea's Liberty Stadium has a capacity 20,520 although the biggest crowd was apparently 21,937, there are currently plans to increase the capacity to 32,000.

When we played them away last year there was a crowd of 20,228. Given that we are not one of the largest clubs in the EPL (lol) looking at these figures they would seem to suggest we could justify a new Dean Court with capacity of 35,000, especially given the potential support in the region. As we are not a natural football region, whether that potential will ever be realised is another matter.

;