old question I know...

Stoke originally 'sold out' at 6+ points. 50 'returned' tickets were sold on Saturday morning at 1+ home point. I already had a ticket, but I tried to get one for a mate who has one point (from the Napoli game), typically the website didn't allow me to do this despite them being 'linked' to my account.

Anyway my point is that I've never seen the TO resell 'returned' tickets (officially anyway) before now, even though there are often areas of empty seats. My guess is that reselling the 50 'returned' tickets was partly a test of last minute demand for a 'less attractive' game.

DJ - 5/2/2018 12:44

Grumpy G - 5/2/2018 12:32

DJ - 5/2/2018 12:23

Some tickets were sold on Saturday morning and the criteria was one home point.

Which doesn’t help anyone with no points, or who can’t hang around to the Saturday morning on the off chance.

All very true, just didn't know if this was an indicator to show how low the points requirements are dropping for the "less attractive" games?

I think the problem is most people don't even bother, with the though that they just can't get in. If we had a ground where you could make a decision on Saturday morning " I think I will take the kids to game today" book on line and print out the ticket, many many people would turn up.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 20k or so, and advertise to the world and their wife that Bournemouth is now finally open and available to newbie fans, with competent a ticketing system that doesn't require the patience of a saint. Ideally with some availability on the day.

Then see how that goes.

Stoke were poor yes, but most clubs in the top two divisions will bring 2k or more, added to whatever boost in home numbers we see. So a 21k capacity would need to find 8k new home fans to fill capacity, I think that's reasonable and achievable, breathing space without going over the top.

I get the argument that we'll probably only get one shot at this, so whatever we build that might be that. I think 20k odd will do us nicely. We'd sell out big games and keep that big game feeling, that we wouldn't get with a 30k bowl that would never sell out.

I can remember a time not so long ago, somebody would have raised the "Darlington spectre " by now on a thread like this. Looks like we're becoming acclimatised to the high altitude : )

DJ - 5/2/2018 12:44

Grumpy G - 5/2/2018 12:32

DJ - 5/2/2018 12:23

Some tickets were sold on Saturday morning and the criteria was one home point.

Which doesn’t help anyone with no points, or who can’t hang around to the Saturday morning on the off chance.

All very true, just didn't know if this was an indicator to show how low the points requirements are dropping for the "less attractive" games?

A Cherries fan who has followed the club through the leagues, any game is an attractive one in this league.

Had a phone call from a friend of mine last night and during the conversation he said do you still think you are in dreamland.

You know when "your grounds to big for you" when you're advertising on local radio the day before a local-ish derby against Brighton as the Scum did last week. Desperate.!!!

Steady Eddie 1 - 5/2/2018 13:45

You know when "your grounds to big for you" when you're advertising on local radio the day before a local-ish derby against Brighton as the Scum did last week. Desperate.!!!

A few years ago when challenging for Europa League and dreaming of Champions League, they were talking about increasing capacity by removing a section of roof and adding a tier of seats plus corporate boxes to one side.

The last couple of years there have kiboshed that talk, as there's spaces every game, and there isn't the same clamber for tickets that there was.

That said they still get within a few thousand of capacity almost all the time. Especially if it's one of the big clubs, and a few local big club fans can sneak into home areas, same as we see here. There's is about right for them, they judged it correctly the first time around, and I think talk of expansion for them will always be a pipe dream.

Football support (beyond the hardcore that each club has) is fickle and elastic. We need to remember that ourselves. If we're still going well and top half when Man United come to town, we'd be able to sell the ground out 3 times over if we could. Every bloke who ever got taken to one Bournemouth game as a kid will come out the woodwork as a diehard fan looking for second hand tickets.

However that's rarely going to be the case!

The key for us is to ensure the next generation are suckered in whilst Eddie and his talents are here, something we're struggling to do because they can't get in.

Jstele - 5/2/2018 12:56

Stoke originally 'sold out' at 6+ points. 50 'returned' tickets were sold on Saturday morning at 1+ home point. I already had a ticket, but I tried to get one for a mate who has one point (from the Napoli game), typically the website didn't allow me to do this despite them being 'linked' to my account.

Anyway my point is that I've never seen the TO resell 'returned' tickets (officially anyway) before now, even though there are often areas of empty seats. My guess is that reselling the 50 'returned' tickets was partly a test of last minute demand for a 'less attractive' game.

Interesting. Are you saying you don't reckon any tickets were sold and they were just testing the water? Or that they deliberately kept 50 back?

Anyone know anybody who did get a ticket on Saturday?

Re my notes on Swansea: the suggestionof 12,000 extra seats was in 2012, six years ago, and nothing's happened yet.

SlowDownDerek - 5/2/2018 14:26

Interesting. Are you saying you don't reckon any tickets were sold and they were just testing the water? Or that they deliberately kept 50 back?

Anyone know anybody who did get a ticket on Saturday?

I know that all 50 sold out, because when I couldn't make the linked order work online I phoned up and they told me they'd sold the 50 but because it was a system problem they could give my mate one ticket which was returned from the east stand press section.

I'm pretty sure (anecdotally) that they always have x amount of tickets 'returned' (or ones that are allocated to press or players/employees and aren't used) but that they don't normally make them re-available to purchase online/on the phone. My comment before was just speculating as to a reason why they would suddenly do this for the Stoke game. I guess it only proves that there are plenty of 1+ pointers that will buy 50 tickets in less than 15 minutes. Probably not significant anyway for reasons that others have mentioned.

They've done it in the past. West Brom at home..thread here

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=77254&start=1

Would appear to be the same block as this time. (block 21)

red_house - 5/2/2018 15:40

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=77254&start=1

I stand corrected (said the man in the orthopaedic shoes)

red_house - 5/2/2018 15:40

EDIT. Double post

Here's a question, and obviously a big hypothetical one since we're out the cup.

However, its March 2019 and we're in the Carabo Cup final, how many would we take? Sell out the 32,500 allocation or whatever it is?

wimborne cherries - 5/2/2018 16:42

Here's a question, and obviously a big hypothetical one since we're out the cup.

However, its March 2019 and we're in the Carabo Cup final, how many would we take? Sell out the 32,500 allocation or whatever it is?

I expect that Chelsea twitter page that predicted our cup draw could tell you... assuming Carabao are organised enough to fix it that far in advance.

;