OMG I am the 12/13th man!

Thanks for all the ideas! I am headed out to Croatia for vacation (hope Croatia makes the finals as I would be there for it). When I get back Ill reach out to a few of you and get my planning started.

Thanks for all the ideas! I am headed out to Croatia for vacation (hope Croatia makes the finals as I would be there for it). When I get back Ill reach out to a few of you and get my planning started.
"Hope Croatia makes the Finals"? :eek!: Now you've done it, mate! The good people on this forum will have you staying in brothels and eating at the ptomaine palace!

Two quick questions ladies and gents.

1) Best way to get from London airport to Bournemouth would be?
a- Train
b - Rent a car

2) The wonderful folks at AFCB recommended the hotel the Village hotel. Thoughts? Kindly remember I am bringing the wife and daughter who wont be at the match but wanting to see Bournemouth.

a- Train
b - Rent a car

2) The wonderful folks at AFCB recommended the hotel the Village hotel. Thoughts? Kindly remember I am bringing the wife and daughter who wont be at the match but wanting to see Bournemouth.

B) trains suck.

2) no way. The club have an affiliation with the village so that's why they recommended it. Not because it's any good. Stay town centre. Plenty of choice.

How long are you staying in Bournemouth for ? If a few days, then I'd recommend hiring a car, as there are lots of fabulous day trips within easy reach

I have driven it in the past, rental cars are a shuttle from the airport. It's a really pleasant drive, go through the new forest, stop at a pub in Brockenhurst, see the ponies. Or go via Salisbury or Winchester for some history. I have always enjoyed the drive, but then again you have to get accustomed to being on "the other side of the road". Bus is efficient, but driving lots more fun. If it's a once in a lifetime visit, definitely drive.

a- Train
b - Rent a car

a- Train
b - Rent a car

I guess you mean Heathrow Airport
Coach.
https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/airports

Mid January you should be able to take your pick of hotels for hardly any cost. Anything on east cliff (miramar, Cumberland) should be cheap an chips and decent enough.

Even somewhere like the Hilton will be about $130 a night and you might even catch a few recognisable long term residents!!

deffo drive. but be prepared for busy roads and aggressive people!

;