On this day....

Rumours, rumours, rumours :shake:. The fact is Max didn’t walk. And the fact is had Mitchell not introduced Max, our club would likely have been fcked…I’m certainly no fan of Mitchell but yes, I am grateful to him for that introduction. Why wouldn’t I be?
The only reason the club would have been fcked is due to the way that Mitchell was running it. The mass sale of players in the lead up to Max’s arrival would have more than paid off our debt if the club was being run responsibly. He is an absolute chancer who got incredibly lucky, he shouldn’t be remembered as any kind of saviour.

The only reason the club would have been fcked is due to the way that Mitchell was running it. The mass sale of players in the lead up to Max’s arrival would have more than paid off our debt if the club was being run responsibly. He is an absolute chancer who got incredibly lucky, he shouldn’t be remembered as any kind of saviour.

Yeah that was annoying to say the least. Still amazed how Pugh was the only 1 who remained from that team.

Who was the bloke that used to hold his hand everywhere? The one in the blue shirt in the video and his chaperone when he used to come into the North Stand to watch games?

I was in NZ at the time and heard about this but never seen it. Jesus wept! I can understand why people were a bit miffed

Who was the bloke that used to hold his hand everywhere? The one in the blue shirt in the video and his chaperone when he used to come into the North Stand to watch games?
Dave Roberts, a really nice guy I used to drink with him. From what I was told at the time Mitchell had been trying to get Max to invest for a long time but that Max wanted the debts cleared before he would get his guys to go over the books.

If that’s the case why do you keep writing about him! :rolleyes:

Na, this sounds like re-written history tbh. The mass sale did clear the debts, which as someone else has pointed out led to Max's involvement. Mitchell was good for the club whatever way you look at it.

This was my stag do. If you look at Eddie's 'muscle' who looks around suddenly as EM is heading back to the tunnel, thats because my brother shouted 'you're a prick Mitchell' incredibly loudly

Dave Roberts, a really nice guy I used to drink with him. From what I was told at the time Mitchell had been trying to get Max to invest for a long time but that Max wanted the debts cleared before he would get his guys to go over the books.

Ahhhh! DR .'associate director' ,nothing more than a bit of 'Minder /Arther Daley' type person.Believe he was a national boxing champ for Wales for his weight.
Used to be funny when he got one of our group to pay for entire rounds for our table in the Top Floor restaurant.

;