Oscar Zambrano

Bournemouth are making a play for 19 year old Ecuadorian midfielder Oscar Zambrano.

Initial bid of 5.5 million for Zambrano.

He mostly plays CDM, but has experience playing CM as well.

He represents Ecuador at the U20 level making 14 appearances for his country.
Not an expert by any means, but if he has only played for the U20s, doesn't that present work permit issues? Unless the UK laws have changed post BREXIT or something

Not an expert by any means, but if he has only played for the U20s, doesn't that present work permit issues? Unless the UK laws have changed post BREXIT or something
My admittedly superficial reading of the post-Brexit rules seems to show that firstly as long as the player’s over 18 there’s no additional problems, but all overseas players now have to qualify under a points based system, based primarily on playing time for their country and club, though it’s easier to qualify if you play for higher ranked FIFA countries. Ecuador is ranked 32 which isn’t high but if he’s played regularly for his country there should be little problem. Also however South American players seem to have been intentionally targeted to be a bit easier to recruit as their regional cup competitions- Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamerica are given the same weight as the Champions League and Europa League in Europe. So if the player is playing regularly for a club in those cup competitions he’s pretty sure to qualify for enough points to get a work permit in the UK even if his home country has a poor FIFA ranking.

Wouldn't he then be shipped off to Zimbabwe or Timbuktu or someplace while his asylum papers are processed? Hughes/Blake have a lot of explaining to do
No, we get him 5 star hotel to stay in for free, he be allowed to roam about during the day. Has the Zimbabwe deal not been signed, don’t think so

No, we get him 5 star hotel to stay in for free, he be allowed to roam about during the day. Has the Zimbabwe deal not been signed, don’t think so
I believe Foley has bought a team called Victoria Falls Miners Club FC that he can be loaned to in the meantime.

Isn’t Rwanda supposed to be equivalent to a 5 star hotel?

How are your new house mates finding the UK? ;)

Oh. I forgot, your house... or UK, England, doesn't haven't the capacity to host 100s of millions of people.

Last edited:
It’s only highlights but he looks like a top passer of the ball.

Assuming his positions are the 6 or the 8, I am curious to see what the plan is for him, especially being so young and given how busy it is in the middle with Cook, Christie, Scott and Adams returning from injury soon.

Possibly a loan to start?

It’s only highlights but he looks like a top passer of the ball.

Assuming his positions are the 6 or the 8, I am curious to see what the plan is for him, especially being so young and given how busy it is in the middle with Cook, Christie, Scott and Adams returning from injury soon.

Possibly a loan to start?

Without knowing a single thing about the bloke ( including size of his...), loan deal highly likely imo.

Also gives foley the opportunity to finalky deploy his most listened to Spotify track as players snter the field

;