Ouattara non goal

I don’t understand that law at all, they just need to stop making random rule changes for the sake of it.

If the ball rebounds onto a defenders arm after hitting another part of their body = no offence (rightly imo)

But

If the ball rebounds onto an attackers arm from another part of their body and results in a goal = offence committed and no goal

How can those two rules possibly co-exist? Either the ball hitting the arm after rebounding off of another part of the body is an offence or it isn’t, surely?

To me Onana tripped him up and didn’t get any of the ball, which is the only reason an offence took place. The foul occurred before the handball so it makes absolutely no sense to give us nothing out of it. I’d have to rewatch it though.

I was with the very knowledgeable Matt Stevenson in the stadium today and he was saying had Outtara passed it to someone else to score it would have been allowed and now it only refers to the scorer.

Main thought that went through my head was that would have been heartbreaking had it been a winner. Thank god we were clear.

The whole three seconds of that play was Dango in a nutshell lol.

Harsh decision ,but typical of officiating nowadays.

I was with the very knowledgeable Matt Stevenson in the stadium today and he was saying had Outtara passed it to someone else to score it would have been allowed and now it only refers to the scorer.

Main thought that went through my head was that would have been heartbreaking had it been a winner. Thank god we were clear.
Yes seems to change each season.

Should just be if it’s a deliberate handball only .

Does no one else think he was fouled by the goalkeeper?

I don’t actually know what the rule is there tbf. If advantage is played, and then a foul is committed during the advantage, that’s caused by the initial foul - who’s supposed to benefit from the decision?

To me, our offence (the handball) only happens because of a foul. So surely the best way to approach it is to give the initial foul our way?

Does no one else think he was fouled by the goalkeeper?

I don’t actually know what the rule is there tbf. If advantage is played, and then a foul is committed during the advantage, that’s caused by the initial foul - who’s supposed to benefit from the decision?

To me, our offence (the handball) only happens because of a foul. So surely the best way to approach it is to give the initial foul our way?
The goalkeeper didn't use his hands to go for the ball, he slid in and took out the opposition player. Clear and obvious foul.

It goes to show how poor Man Utd are and how good we were,that such a usually pivotal incident will go completely forgotten and unmentioned.

Joke decision the ball comes off the keeper rebounds into his chest and then split second hits his arm in a very close proximity. Handball should only be penalized when it's deliberate like the old days, before modern legislation and technology ruined the sport.
VAR is a disgrace, it's already ruined the most important reason and experience of why match going fans attend- for the ecstacy and buzz celebrating a goal of the team they support. But now in the back of everyones mind you can't lose yourself in the moment because you know some prat is looking any reason to disallow it.
And even with VAR the mistakes are still occurring weekly and consistently, two similar decisions in two different games will go different ways in judgement, I've seen VAR officials fail to draw lines straight, I've seen them look at an angle of a possible card on a freeze frame without looking at the whole clip and rule out goals if your shadow is offside.
VAR has also made the refs look even more incompetent and spineless than how they were viewed before, absolute bottlers -because now they rarely judge decisions on instinct, they know they now have get out of jail free card in VAR and never rule against it because they even if VAR gets it wrong the criticism and spotlight is no longer on them, it's shared with VAR and it's faceless workers.
If VAR technology is mainly human error using it then don't implement it at all. Make the mistakes without it but keep the pace of the game as it was before, suit prats in an office trying to turn this unique sport into Rugby with VAR and wanting sin bins.
We got relegated because technology didn't fancy beeping the refs watch in that Villa game that was tech failure.

Last edited:
He did kick it after his hand brushed the ball.
Massive fuss was made over the Newcastle v. PSG penalty against Livramento because it bounced off his chest onto his arm. That wouldn't have been a pen in the Premier league because of speed and proximity. I don't think this decision is particularly different and panders to the home fans of the bigger club. You know if it happened at the other end it'd be given.

If they chalk the goal off, they have to give a penalty.

Terrible decision, and thank goodness it didn't really matter.

But 0-4 was deserved, and many a player would have gone down under the initial challenge.

Seems like he was penalised twice...... poor Dango!!

;