Ouattara non goal

I did hit his chest, but then it also bounced up and hit his hand as he flailed to (impressively) stay on his feet. Unfortunate.
What's the difference it was Ball to hand not hand ball. I saw it hit his chest from where I was standing and my view of the sky view was the goalie kick it up to hit his hand. No hand Ball

it would be interesting to put to the ref association or whatever they are; the perfectly fine volleyball goal West Ham scored (that wasn't a handball) and Dango's ball touches his finger tips as he stumbles to get balance (clear and obvious referee error) - just to hear the BS they come up with to try and justify it
Yes I need to move on from some of last seasons scandalous decisions.
To be fair, this season, the referees haven't been as cheaty, especially with big calls. This is partly because the way we defend, throwing bodies on the line with hands behind the back, like Kerkez yesterday.
What a f'ing game he had! as a kid, to go to Old Trafford and play like that, wow, my MOM yesterday & with Kelly seemingly off in the summer, that is massive for him to develop into his potential. Same with Zarbinyi, a very young player who just gets better and better with experience.

it would be interesting to put to the ref association or whatever they are; the perfectly fine volleyball goal West Ham scored (that wasn't a handball) and Dango's ball touches his finger tips as he stumbles to get balance (clear and obvious referee error) - just to hear the BS they come up with to try and justify it
Yes I need to move on from some of last seasons scandalous decisions.
To be fair, this season, the referees haven't been as cheaty, especially with big calls. This is partly because the way we defend, throwing bodies on the line with hands behind the back, like Kerkez yesterday.
What a f'ing game he had! as a kid, to go to Old Trafford and play like that, wow, my MOM yesterday & with Kelly seemingly off in the summer, that is massive for him to develop into his potential. Same with Zarbinyi, a very young player who just gets better and better with experience.

Comes down to passage of play.

The volleyball was somehow deemed as separate passage, hence why it was overlooked/not counted... and many of the pundits (for whatever thats worth...) agreed with the decision v West Ham at the time, if going by letter of the law.

From a common sense stance, its almost mind-boggling imo. Not seeing wood from the trees imo.

Don’t understand how if they disallow for the handball, it isn’t a penalty. Only reason he handles it is because he is hurdling the keeper who clips his leg.
Felt so sorry for the lad tbh.

Not sure if it 'qualifies' as a pen though as the gk did play the ball, before clipping DO. Not sure what the official rule is these days though on that, as he did trip him after playing the ball...

Complete and utter nonsense that the common man, paying / viewing spectator whatever is unable to understand exactly what the law is. Common sense is that it wasn't handball in a million years, there was absolutely no intent other than the player trying to defy the law of gravity and his arms flailing around in the process.

Complete and utter nonsense that the common man, paying / viewing spectator whatever is unable to understand exactly what the law is. Common sense is that it wasn't handball in a million years, there was absolutely no intent other than the player trying to defy the law of gravity and his arms flailing around in the process.
… which, if anything, should be commendable, yet in this case, punished.

Exactly, that is a goal all day long in a world of common sense and people who have been involved in the game for years. If the ball was moving away and he blatantly stuck his arm out to bring it back under control, I could understand it, but yesterday is just another decision that is baffling to most football fans... I;d imagine.

Thankfully it didn't decide the actual outcome or it would be another tough pill to swallow from our much distanced and seemingly out of touch modern officials/rule makers.

no intent
no advantage
no handball

if he stays down after the keeper wipes him out its a nailed on pen so the ref should deem it no advantage and bring it back for the foul

all these ridiculous var driven rules have made the game a total mess

Handball should only be called if it’s really deliberate like that Henry one v Ireland years ago.

Same for defending situations too as there are totally different rules /laws for them !

And if people want to debate if someone deliberately handled the ball then they will regardless or if you have VAR or not .

Don’t understand how if they disallow for the handball, it isn’t a penalty. Only reason he handles it is because he is hurdling the keeper who clips his leg.
Felt so sorry for the lad tbh.
Onana clearly clips the ball which causes it to bounce up. It sucks the goal wasn't given (rubbish rule which they applied correctly) but there's no way it's a penalty. If a pen was given against us for that people would rightly be going nuts.

Onana clearly clips the ball which causes it to bounce up. It sucks the goal wasn't given (rubbish rule which they applied correctly) but there's no way it's a penalty. If a pen was given against us for that people would rightly be going nuts.
Onana goes feet first and takes the opposition player out, VAR should be advising the ref to check it. See crystal palace v Liverpool where penalty was cancelled out by earlier foul.

Onana goes feet first and takes the opposition player out, VAR should be advising the ref to check it. See crystal palace v Liverpool where penalty was cancelled out by earlier foul.
You're right that he goes feet first, but he clearly gets the ball. Watch the VAR replay from behind the goal and it's crystal clear.

If you can show me from there where Onana get Dango first, I'll concede I'm wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231210_153349_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20231210_153349_YouTube.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 30

;