Out f**king rageous

Parliament is beholden to the monarch, the armed forces are beholden to the monarch, Gary Lineker is just a rich prat. Your argument sucks.

For your information and mine, the last occasion Royal assent wasn't given to Parliament was in 1708. That's how important they are in the political system but carry on.

I’d like to say well done Gary. Your protest has hit hard. The royal sycophants are spitting feathers, bashing their keyboards and throwing puerile insults your way. You appear to have got right under their skin. Top job.

His protest didn't hit hard, did it, it's his post on this forum that's got a reaction.

Just so we clear it up in the future... booing anti racist gestures - OK... Gary booing the national anthem - Not OK? Just so the rules are understood.

It is somewhat weird that those who wanted the players taking the knee to end are always the loudest voices pro royalty on here...
Remember, Poppies are political too.

As a republican I made my own small protest during the pre game national anthem.
I held up an a4 sign saying ‘Not My King’ - i was applauded by some, shouted at by others, fair enough we all have opinions.
At half time 2 stewards came up to me and informed me that I had been spotted on cctv and that I would be watched all game and if I held up any more signs I would be ejected.
Sadly I had chucked the sign away - otherwise it would have gone up again.
So free speech is not tolerated at Dean Court apparently. I was told it’s a non-political stadium which is why they were watching me. When I pointed out that ‘God Save The King’ ‘Happy and Glorious’ was being displayed on the advertising boards every 10 mins and that was just as political as my sign they just started getting annoyed.
I know the Tories are all up for stifling any protest they don’t agree with - but the same **************** at Dean Court is bleedin intolerable.

I fully support your view - Solanke will never be as good as Josh King!

As a republican I made my own small protest during the pre game national anthem.
I held up an a4 sign saying ‘Not My King’ - i was applauded by some, shouted at by others, fair enough we all have opinions.
At half time 2 stewards came up to me and informed me that I had been spotted on cctv and that I would be watched all game and if I held up any more signs I would be ejected.
Sadly I had chucked the sign away - otherwise it would have gone up again.
So free speech is not tolerated at Dean Court apparently. I was told it’s a non-political stadium which is why they were watching me. When I pointed out that ‘God Save The King’ ‘Happy and Glorious’ was being displayed on the advertising boards every 10 mins and that was just as political as my sign they just started getting annoyed.
I know the Tories are all up for stifling any protest they don’t agree with - but the same **************** at Dean Court is bleedin intolerable.

How did you manage to lose your A4 sized protest, between you being noticed, and fearing missing the game?

Did you drop it?

Fell out of your A5 sized pockets?

One would assume you got rid of it and tried to mingle into the crowd???

If CCTV captured you, without your protestation in evidence, one would safely assume you flounced out, and got rid of it.

Dropping evidence, in the hope of evasion, suggests you are a part time protestor.

How did you manage to lose your A4 sized protest, between you being noticed, and fearing missing the game?

Did you drop it?

Fell out of your A5 sized pockets?

One would assume you got rid of it and tried to mingle into the crowd???

If CCTV captured you, without your protestation in evidence, one would safely assume you flounced out, and got rid of it.

Dropping evidence, in the hope of evasion, suggests you are a part time protestor.
Lol Detective Dragon.

Just so we clear it up in the future... booing anti racist gestures - OK... Gary booing the national anthem - Not OK? Just so the rules are understood.

It is somewhat weird that those who wanted the players taking the knee to end are always the loudest voices pro royalty on here...
Also, apparently, booing being held 1-1 to Peterborough when their whole squad cost less than Jefferson Lermas right leg also not part of the rules..

We need proper booing and freedom of expression guidelines.:grinning:

Last edited:
These arguments are current all around the Nation and will be fairly bouyant for a few days...you just get on with your own constitution - that never stops.

Power above is always there in one form or another.. you will never fully embrace any....especially as your years pile up...and you see the brittleness of it all.
All Ruling is flawed somehow.

And...you certainly won't get many 'variations on a theme' with the existing Political Divisions.

The thing with King Charles is that he has never stopped you trying anything or going anywhere...thats one power he lacks !

These arguments are current all around the Nation and will be fairly bouyant for a few days...you just get on with your own constitution - that never stops.

Power above is always there in one form or another.. you will never fully embrace any....especially as your years pile up...and you see the brittleness of it all.

And...you certainly won't get many 'variations on a theme' with the existing Political Divisions.

The thing with King Charles is that he has never stopped you trying anything or going anywhere...thats one power he lacks !

Good post. Pragmatism vastly outweighs idealism for me. I just can;t see how getting rid of the monarchy will change much, for most people in this country. Ultimately we'll still have the same arseholes presiding over us, regardless. You just need to look at other republics. As far as I can tell the monarchy are almost like a tourist attraction these days.

Do the years pile up, or do piles build up over the years?

;