Petrol concern re Luton game…Sheffield update?

I advised the TO that my ST seats are free so let’s see if get resold!

Re brexit and this situation, undeniably a factor but often when things go badly wrong needs to be more than one factor. Thus covid also had an impact on some overseas drivers leaving the UK plus there has been a structural issue with the age profile of UK drivers. Many are at an age have had enough with the working conditions and being away (including covid), thus lack of a younger cohort to come through.

Sadly predictable - as with the cheap labour in the hospitality sector.

On the way back after the game passed two petrol stations in Barrack Road.

First Tesco Express was closed for fuel.

The Shell station nearer the traffic lights with Stour Road had a queue and down into Barrack Road, unleaded 142.9 and diesel 145.9.

Earlier my wife went past the Shell station and the inner lane going towards Bournemouth was queuing down to the traffic lights for fuel.

On the way back after the game passed two petrol stations in Barrack Road.

First Tesco Express was closed for fuel.

The Shell station nearer the traffic lights with Stour Road had a queue and down into Barrack Road, unleaded 142.9 and diesel 145.9.

Earlier my wife went past the Shell station and the inner lane going towards Bournemouth was queuing down to the traffic lights for fuel.

co op on castle lane west had no fuel on the way. Hopefully it’ll calm down now everyone’s panicked

These situations highlights the sad nature of people, stockpiling and grabbing more than required. Did anyone actually run out of toilet rolls?
As with the other situations this will calm down, and all that's achieved is people queuing for hours when they really don't need to

Remember the last fuel shortage c.mid - late 90's.
I'd already filled up the tank and then the panic set in(lucky timing).
Lived in Portland road at the time .
Used Pine road to get into Winton( the one with the Talbot on the corner.There was also a petrol station where the current Sainsbury local is now.
(As an aside there was a proper Sainsburys where Wilko is now,I worked there)
Anyhow I wanted to turn left but the traffic was nose to tail .I would have just driven past the queue,but no bugger would let me out thinking I was queue jumping.
Sat there for a long time maybe 10 -15 mins,before I indicated right,which is when I was let out.

Just shows how selfish and entitled people become in a Me,Me,Me society,that was well over 20 years ago,how bad is it now?

Just as bad and far, far worse, unfortunately we have created a don't give a toss society, even more so on the roads these days, and don't get me started on law and order, we had the hanging baskets from every house in the cul-de-sac stolen over two nights, fully captured on CCTV with the vehicle, and nothing has been done about it.

Just as bad and far, far worse, unfortunately we have created a don't give a toss society, even more so on the roads these days, and don't get me started on law and order, we had the hanging baskets from every house in the cul-de-sac stolen over two nights, fully captured on CCTV with the vehicle, and nothing has been done about it.
Wrong time of the year to be stealing hanging baskets,

;