Philip

Seeing he was down in Bournemouth a couple of weeks back, this isn't a surprise now. Just hope we can get a good deal, as they obviously want him gone too. I would hope for something like 10/12m to open, leading upwards a little bit depending on how well he does. I don't think 17m would be that unreasonable in this current climate but just not all up front.

These are the comments that have led to suggestions he has an attitude problem. I honestly don’t think there’s anything too outrageous

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/philip-billing-jan-siewer-arrogant-16345994

While it’s not totally professional to slag off your manager, there is a distinct possibility he’s totally correct. He also suffered some racist abuse from his own supporters which I imagine didn’t exactly help repair any bridges.

No doubt Eddie will be aware of these comments but the real questions he will be asking about his character is whether he trains hard, avoids the party lifestyle and is receptive to coaching

If Eddie wants him I'm sure he's ok. Somebody just needs to make sure he keeps his opinions of Eddie to himself, otherwise it could all go a bit Lee Tomlin :lol:
As long as he keeps his mouth under control I'm sure we could get decent value for money from him.

If Eddie wants him I'm sure he's ok. Somebody just needs to make sure he keeps his opinions of Eddie to himself, otherwise it could all go a bit Lee Tomlin :lol:
As long as he keeps his mouth under control I'm sure we could get decent value for money from him.

I always felt sorry for Tomlin about that. It was a private conversation yet people got all upset about it like it was a press release. I can't imagine there are many players that don't moan about Eddie from time to time especially those that aren't in the team. It was a bit thick of him but hardly out of order.

You’d like to think we’ve moved on from signings like Tomlin, Iturbe and a lesser extent Murray. When you first get promoted beggers can’t be choosers so you need to take a few gambles in the transfer market. We are seeing a similar approach with Sheffield Utd now. We are in a position to be more selective and in fairness, our recent recruitment seems to reflect that

Looking what people are going for at the moment 14m looks like a nothing to lose job which is incredible! If you said we could sign a Danish international midfielder for half of Tyrone Mings money you’d be over the moon wouldn’t you?

Yeah but I'd have preferred that other Dane midfielder, the blonde one who plays a bit higher up the pitch

You’d like to think we’ve moved on from signings like Tomlin, Iturbe and a lesser extent Murray. When you first get promoted beggers can’t be choosers so you need to take a few gambles in the transfer market. We are seeing a similar approach with Sheffield Utd now. We are in a position to be more selective and in fairness, our recent recruitment seems to reflect that

I agree in general but we still aren't at the level to just splash 40/50m on a complete player. We are still looking to get youngers players to grow into that level. Billing fits the bill, would be relatively good value with the potential to reach that higher level too.

I agree in general but we still aren't at the level to just splash 40/50m on a complete player. We are still looking to get youngers players to grow into that level. Billing fits the bill, would be relatively good value with the potential to reach that higher level too.
Oh I 100% agree. We aren’t going to be in the market for the ‘finished article’ type player for some time but what I’m getting at is we can now be picky enough to go for players with the attitude to become the finished article. That is in contrast to signing players who think they are the finished article...in their own head at least

...because it came from someone at the club involved with this deal...

Seems they have different information at their end.

Updated 14.55 today.

Reports that Bournemouth were 'in advanced talks' with Huddersfield Town over Philip Billing have been overblown, according to sources close to Town.

Initial word from the south coast was that Billing was on the verge of a switch to the Cherries, but while the Examiner can confirm that Bournemouth's interest is genuine, we can also reveal that no agreement has yet been reached between the two clubs.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/spor...sfer-huddersfield-bournemouth-latest-16625181

Updated 14.55 today.

Reports that Bournemouth were 'in advanced talks' with Huddersfield Town over Philip Billing have been overblown, according to sources close to Town.

Initial word from the south coast was that Billing was on the verge of a switch to the Cherries, but while the Examiner can confirm that Bournemouth's interest is genuine, we can also reveal that no agreement has yet been reached between the two clubs.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/spor...sfer-huddersfield-bournemouth-latest-16625181
Sounds like classic fee haggling with each club using friendly local journalists to state their case.

They want £17m, we want to pay £8m. Expect a final deal worth about £14m including add ons. Ideally we would wrap this up quickly but the longer the window goes on, the better the price is likely to get for a player Huddersfield clearly want to sell.

Sounds like classic fee haggling with each club using friendly local journalists to state their case.

They want £17m, we want to pay £8m. Expect a final deal worth about £14m including add ons. Ideally we would wrap this up quickly but the longer the window goes on, the better the price is likely to get for a player Huddersfield clearly want to sell.

Not heard of any interest so far from other clubs, so we wait and see.

From reports and stats, Billing looks like the midfielder player we have been missing.

Pacy, tall and strong and good at getting back and defending.

Updated 14.55 today.

I really don’t care BTK, I’m merely passing on what I was told.

Not heard of any interest so far from other clubs, so we wait and see.

From reports and stats, Billing looks like the midfielder player we have been missing.

Pacy, tall and strong and good at getting back and defending.
Hi there. Didn’t I also read that he’s got an eye for a long pass? Honestly he sounds exactly what need.

Hi there. Didn’t I also read that he’s got an eye for a long pass? Honestly he sounds exactly what need.

In case you missed this piece from what I posted before, here it is, second para.

From Billing’s defensive statistics above, we can see the value that he brings to a Huddersfield side who, having already faced Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham this season, could face another busy evening when Liverpool visit on Saturday. He diligently carries out a lot of industry that the casual observer might not readily appreciate, but you can be sure that Wagner, his Huddersfield team-mates and the club’s supporters all do.

Although he has committed 14 fouls so far this season, three of which led to yellow cards, he has shown a tremendous maturity for a player of just 22, knowing exactly when to try and win the ball from an opponent and striking the right balance between rash impetuousness and slovenly inactivity. Billing is no slouch on the ball, either; he has an eye for a long-range pass and that’s a weapon which Huddersfield could look to exploit against Liverpool, especially with the Reds frequently adopting a very high defensive line.

Tall, powerful, committed, calculated – Billing is a manager’s dream and while his wider profile might not be roundly publicised, he is the most likely holder of the keys to Huddersfield potentially springing an upset against Liverpool.

https://liverpoolfchq.com/analysis/...ing-huddersfield-tactical-analysis-statistics

I do love my stats but important thing with stats is the context they are presented in. If a player has a sole duty to destroy his defensive stats are sure to look good.

On WhoScored, Billing has a very good average rating. The concern I have with WhoScored is how they over value the importance of aerial duels. Francis and Cook often get close to the top of the list in headed clearances per season. Obviously that is good but I think that distorts their average rating compared to their true ability.

A bit more height in midfield is not bad, but I’m not convinced his rating of 7.08 is realistically to be considered better than Jeff’s 6.97. For comparison the taller Steve Cook averaged 6.96 v 6.86 for the smaller Nathan Aké

;