Pick one player from another PL team to improve us

De Bruyne

But I’d play him on the wing in a 4-4-2 to see if I could get Neil to internally combust.
After leaving him on the bench until Christmas.. behind Dan Gosling.
Many a true word spoken in jest... both of these would be very likely scenarios when KDB rocks up.
You have just missed the bit about selling him to Brighton two years later and watching his career take off ;):grinning:

If it was a fantasy level player, I'd go with Sterling, Mane or Firmino at the minute, just to get us that extra cutting edge up front.

More realistic....looking at wide midfielders....Nathan Redmond has always impressed me.....or Traore at Wolves....if he could get that final pass sorted he'd be a wonder player down the wing!
So would Jordon Ibe!

Joel Ward. Always knew he was destined for greatness after he got sent off at Shrewsbury in the minus 17 season. But that is based on the assumption that we are discounting anyone who either hasn’t played for us before or doesn’t play for Liverpool reserves so to keep this realistic.

Fantasy signing would be Raheem Sterling

Realistic signing would be Adam Lallana,if we could keep him fit ,would be a decent attacking midfielder for us.

Joel Ward. Always knew he was destined for greatness after he got sent off at Shrewsbury in the minus 17 season. But that is based on the assumption that we are discounting anyone who either hasn’t played for us before or doesn’t play for Liverpool reserves so to keep this realistic.

Funny, Phil Billing must have been stood behind Sean O'Driscoll's other midfielders because I don't remember him playing for us before.

Let me re-write as an exam question.

You have unlimited funds, to sign a single player for your football team.

Give the name of the player you will buy.
Explain who the new player will replace in the current squad.
Give reasons as to how the new player will fit into the matchday formation, based upon the opposition, taking into consideration, how the manager of your team chooses to execute his playing style and tactics.
Explain why the new player will be able to beat every player he opposes, irrespective of the 'other' team.
Finally, for extra marks, explain why Jack Wilshere, despite usually being the most gifted player on the pitch during his loan spell, failed to have as much beneficial impact on the team, as Dan Gosling, on his return from injury, in the second half of a season, when B&BAFC, were in free-fall and looking a good bet for relegation.
Please sign your name and include the number of hours/days/weeks/millenia, you have spent playing Championship Manager.

;