Pisspot quality shirts for a tinpot club

pennywiseguy

Star Player
Heard this happening to a couple of people, so tonight, I nervously pop my shirt in the wash (inside out 30 degrees) like I have with evewry other shirt...oh, peeling off come the mansion sponsor and Pr£m badges.

Awful awful awful. Utter tossrag shítè.

Basically, don't wash your shirt.

Wow, they can't even survive 30 degrees? That is really piss poor.

Guess I'll stick with our league 1 Lee Bradbury season shirt.

Mine did the same, washed the same and in a pillowcase as I had mine printed. Took 4 days from when they received it to sent it back and then it had crumbs on the logo and a mark half way down the shirt!

My son's prem badge on one arm is coming off even before washing! Any suggestions on sticking it down ?

All of the club merchandise is very poor quality tat - probably buy the shirts from Bangladesh for £1.00. I wouldn't buy anything from the shop - they rely on sentiment to blind people to the quality of the junk that is on offer.

AFCBade - 18/8/2016 23:33

My son's prem badge on one arm is coming off even before washing! Any suggestions on sticking it down ?

Fabric glue would be your best bet, if you don't want to take the shirt back. They should be able to remove the badge depending how much it's come off and replace it, but there will be a chance of some residue that will leave like a halo around the new badge, if it does it will fade in time but close up you will see it.

People complain when the shirts arrived late last season. They arrive on time and then people complain about the quality. I mean seriously this club deserves better fans than this. :)

Whatever way you look at it - the stuff on offer is overpriced rubbish - if you are happy to sponsor the club further in this way then fine - but expect to be disappointed with the quality!

Take them back. Ask for details of the manufacturer. E mail them. Find their Facebook page. Post on it. Put photos of the shirts on there. And on mansions Facebook page. Best of all don't buy one. Shoddy.

fritter - 19/8/2016 07:35

Take them back. Ask for details of the manufacturer. E mail them. Find their Facebook page. Post on it. Put photos of the shirts on there. And on mansions Facebook page. Best of all don't buy one. Shoddy.

Totally agree.

Also, don't settle for a repair, get your money back and let them have the problem of what to do with goods that are not of merchantable quality.

Oh, and if the Ohec have any spine, they should be following this up.

45 quid for a product that can't survive one 30 degree wash?
Hopefully it's a bad batch or some such, and not all of them are the same?

Sam AFCB - 18/8/2016 23:40

AFCBade - 18/8/2016 23:33

Fabric glue would be your best bet, if you don't want to take the shirt back. They should be able to remove the badge depending how much it's come off and replace it, but there will be a chance of some residue that will leave like a halo around the new badge, if it does it will fade in time but close up you will see it.[/QUOTE

Thanks Sam. May temporarily stick down the badge that is peeling prior to that dreaded first wash!

Agree with everything said here... Don't settle for a quick fix... take them back and complain, get a refund, and when the club realise they are sh*t, they might actually do something about it... The more people take this crap back, the more chance there is of getting a result...

JD sports have been pretty crap throughout IMO... Bad shirt designs, bad quality, awful leisure wear, over branded, and very lower lg.

I thought the new kit looked nice on screen, but on close inspection it is very lightweight, and feels cheap to the touch. I also don't get why the buttons done go all the way up to the collar leaving this weird flapping collar at the top...

Not that I buy replica shirts anymore,, I can't wait to get a decent manufacturer on board to supply the shop with some quality at last... Hopefully.

southbourne_reds - 18/8/2016 22:30

Why are the badges printed material now rather then embroided on?

I asked the same thing on the kit release thread, had hoped it was just the samples but unfortunately they are on everything.

Assume they are cheaper to produce.

Take it back, get a refund, spend the refund on something else that is not crap, wear last seasons (or any other seasons) shirt.

;