Points needed for safety?

I think we're safe already but beating Sheffield Utd on Saturday will secure it...

Saturday will go one of two ways... They'll come out fighting after last night and we'll do our typical thing and lose a very frustrating 0-1, or we'll spank them...

I don't see us going down. I wouldn't write off Luton yet though. Last season we were bottom with 21 points after 25 games. We then took 18 points from our next 9 games when most pundits expected us to go down. The back end of the season is when teams down the bottom start winning games they're not expected to.

I don't like the talk of how many is enough,and I doubt Iraola does either.

This is pro football and we should be trying to gain as many points as possible and finishing as high as possible as there is prize money at stake.

I think Gaz made a rookie mistake last season by saying after the Leeds game I think it was that he thought we had done enough.

That culminated in a massive dropout in attitude from the players,which is human nature and contributed to us playing poorly in our last 4 matches and losing all of them,including the chance to relegate Everton ,who in my opinion deserved the drop last season.

I don't like the talk of how many is enough,and I doubt Iraola does either.

This is pro football and we should be trying to gain as many points as possible and finishing as high as possible as there is prize money at stake.

I think Gaz made a rookie mistake last season by saying after the Leeds game I think it was that he thought we had done enough.

That culminated in a massive dropout in attitude from the players,which is human nature and contributed to us playing poorly in our last 4 matches and losing all of them,including the chance to relegate Everton ,who in my opinion deserved the drop last season.

Difference being the narrative isn’t solely looking at avoiding the drop with Iraola, it’s just the first target before looking beyond that to something else.

We should be able to seal safety this month, beat Sheff Utd and Everton and a draw with Luton would be great.
Considering those results, if they happen I'd be happy if we drew both games with Luton as I want them to stay up at the expense of Everton who I think are really due to be relegated. Or Forest even?

Next season, I think there'll be better teams coming up than this so it will be harder for us but all being well we'll improve too.

We do need to be wary of Sheff United this weekend.

Remember who Huddersfield beat 2-0 away after being drubbed 10-1 at City the week before - in 88 I think?

Having said that Hudd weren't that bad, they just got caught by City on a very good day.

None I gave up the scouting 2 seasons a go. 30p a mile was the going rate depending who one is working for.
Except that you can claim 45p a mile reimbursement (for the first 10,000 miles) from HMRC via self assessment so the effective rate could never be as low as 30p a mile. Something any self employed person would know, let alone someone who was unhappy with the mileage rates on offer.

You really are a Walter Mitty character aren’t you?

Except that you can claim 45p a mile reimbursement (for the first 10,000 miles) from HMRC via self assessment so the effective rate could never be as low as 30p a mile. Something any self employed person would know, let alone someone who was unhappy with the mileage rates on offer.

This only goes to show your ignorance of how things work in the lower divisions. Low level scouts work for the full time paid scout at the club. He allocates what games he wants covered he then put in an expenses only for you with the club. 30p plus a £10 meal allowance was the average amount, but one always made a bit over the top.

I get paid under the allowance from HMRC with my job per mile, I claim a tax rebate every 2 years. I think it is you that doesn't know what you are talking about.

I get paid under the allowance from HMRC with my job per mile, I claim a tax rebate every 2 years. I think it is you that doesn't know what you are talking about.
Isn’t that what I was saying? If your reimbursement is less than the 45p a mile allowance, then you can claim the difference as allowable expenses against tax. So if a football scout, say, only gets 30p a mile from, say, Lincoln City, then he or she can offset another 15p a mile against tax (for the first 10,000 miles at least). It means you can always get the equivalent of 45p a mile assuming you are declaring your income.

Isn’t that what I was saying? If your reimbursement is less than the 45p a mile allowance, then you can claim the difference as allowable expenses against tax. So if a football scout, say, only gets 30p a mile from, say, Lincoln City, then he or she can offset another 15p a mile against tax (for the first 10,000 miles at least). It means you can always get the equivalent of 45p a mile assuming you are declaring your income.
How do you not know he hasn't done that?

;