Positives and negatives v Brentford

We should prioritise longer term signings in this window with an eye on getting back up next season, I don’t think it’s realistic to recruit what we need to survive in one January window, so we may as well start preparing for the championship.

I’ve got a positive. We are a PL team playing Kieffer Moore as a lone forward and asking Ryan Christie to supply him, yet we still got more points than Derby.

Today had nothing to do with O’Neil, that starting eleven today genuinely wouldn’t even get top half in the championship. Brentford barely had to break into a sweat to beat us comfortably. Even if we do get the 4-5 additions Foley was on about, it still won’t be enough. There is far far too much dead wood in the squad. Years of average recruitment (bar the odd one or two) have caught up with us.
Nothing to do with GON? No belief, no style, no discernible patterns of play, no attacking threat. This has everything to do with him. Our players are no worse than Brentford’s and no one can convince me otherwise.

We should prioritise longer term signings in this window with an eye on getting back up next season, I don’t think it’s realistic to recruit what we need to survive in one January window, so we may as well start preparing for the championship.
Don't see how that kind of defeatist attitude aligns with "Always Advance, Never Retreat". But I guess we will know in a few short weeks.

It's baffling what's gone wrong as pre World Cup we were almost scoring for fun,2 v Spurs ,3 v Leeds,3 v Everton,I know only one of those gained 3 points but it did look like we were improving.
We have now regressed back to the Liverpool game,thank god we haven't played a really good team since the restart.

It's baffling what's gone wrong as pre World Cup we were almost scoring for fun,2 v Spurs ,3 v Leeds,3 v Everton,I know only one of those gained 3 points but it did look like we were improving.
We have now regressed back to the Liverpool game,thank god we haven't played a really good team since the restart.

I do think tavernier is a huge miss - he had started to get assists and goals and was a genuine talent in running at defenders.

Plus kieffer isn’t looking as threatening as he was pre World Cup - seems a bit more flat footed albeit service poor.

At this level small margins

I’ve got a positive. We are a PL team playing Kieffer Moore as a lone forward and asking Ryan Christie to supply him, yet we still got more points than Derby.

Today had nothing to do with O’Neil, that starting eleven today genuinely wouldn’t even get top half in the championship. Brentford barely had to break into a sweat to beat us comfortably. Even if we do get the 4-5 additions Foley was on about, it still won’t be enough. There is far far too much dead wood in the squad. Years of average recruitment (bar the odd one or two) have caught up with us.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment mainly I do however feel that 4 or 5 additions would entirely turn us into a team capable of staying up.

Easy of course to spend Foleys money, but if I was him I would double the player investment i had anticipated to protect my investment.

I doubt falling into the Championship was ever on the agenda.

He needs to pull a rabbit out of his ass, and that costs money in the PL.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment mainly I do however feel that 4 or 5 additions would entirely turn us into a team capable of staying up.

Easy of course to spend Foleys money, but if I was him I would double the player investment i had anticipated to protect my investment.

I doubt falling into the Championship was ever on the agenda.

He needs to pull a rabbit out of his ass, and that costs money in the PL.
They literally priced going into the Championship into the deal.

They literally priced going into the Championship into the deal.
Appreciate your opinion, but I very much doubt it was considered to be a reality.

20 million extra to Max if we stay up is all well and good, but I very much doubt going down was any part of the long term plan.

Gary got thrust into the position.

I doubt Foley wanted to upset the cart early on.

So probably went with Blakes advice.

He probably told Bill that the fans want him etc etc.

The reality being they had nobody else lined up.

Certainly BLAKES days are numbered......its not like he could be loyal to Demin and Foley in the space of 2 weeks.

Blake and O'Neil are gone burgers

I do think tavernier is a huge miss - he had started to get assists and goals and was a genuine talent in running at defenders.

Plus kieffer isn’t looking as threatening as he was pre World Cup - seems a bit more flat footed albeit service poor.

At this level small margins

Tavernier looks a very good player, and we do miss him for sure. Imagine if he was surrounded by better quality players that we'll hopefully be bringing in soon. Him and Neto probably our 2 best players, Neto the best imo... cut above the rest.

I think Kieffer could be effective, but he needs mobile, good PL players around him. , who join him in the attack. At present he just looks impotent, as he's isolated up front and not mobile enough to cause problems by himself. Its like playing Defoe up front by himself and setting up to get to the byline and whip high crosses in...

That said, he's not someone I'd expect to be holding a regular place if all players are fit and we bring in new faces.

Positive. For three-quarters of the time our support was absolutely brilliant. Far better than the players deserved. I hope that it came through on the TV or radio.

Negative. The idiots who did a pretty good job of rendering the toilets inoperative. Very sad that these blokes attach themselves to our club.

Oh, yeah, there were some things happening on the pitch as well.

Positive. For three-quarters of the time our support was absolutely brilliant. Far better than the players deserved. I hope that it came through on the TV or radio.

Negative. The idiots who did a pretty good job of rendering the toilets inoperative. Very sad that these blokes attach themselves to our club.

Oh, yeah, there were some things happening on the pitch as well.
It did I heard our fans loud and clear. Superb to hear.

;