Positives and negatives v Brentford

Another positive - Mr Rob Trent back on board the Riverside Rocket and a chance to meet Mr David Whitehead, absolutely charming man ( and he reminded me it's Steve Mann's birthday, recently, happy birthday Steve, hope you were to busy to watch that yesterday) : )

Another positive - Mr Rob Trent back on board the Riverside Rocket and a chance to meet Mr David Whitehead, absolutely charming man ( and he reminded me it's Steve Mann's birthday, recently, happy birthday Steve, hope you were to busy to watch that yesterday) : )

Ah so it was Rob that started the anti Blake chants then...And I assume @davidwhitehead , seeing as he was with him ;)

It's baffling what's gone wrong as pre World Cup we were almost scoring for fun,2 v Spurs ,3 v Leeds,3 v Everton,I know only one of those gained 3 points but it did look like we were improving.
We have now regressed back to the Liverpool game,thank god we haven't played a really good team since the restart.

quite simply teams have worked us out
both palace and brentford pressed the ball in numbers knowing we don't have the quality to play through them so its a low risk strategy
the majority of our 50% possession was the usual tippy-tappy across the back line
our team yesterday must have been of the lowest quality we've ever put out at this level

Great to be back after a few games missed for varying reasons. That was a positive. I thought we played well for short spells in the game.

Negatives our short spells were nowhere near good enough.

Once we go behind, we start to push forward, and show we can present an attacking threat. (And without leaving holes at the back - that doesn't come till we get a bit more desperate.) If we sit back, we present no threat whatsoever, and sooner or later concede.

And while we have now lost 2 or 3 key players to injury, I still believe that we have players and system which can compete. Though the system may be hidden in a drawer somewhere. GON in the past showed he could set up and motivate a team. But he appears to have forgotten what worked, and the players must now be losing belief.

If he has another week, can't GON look back to what worked well in his early games in charge, and what got us leads against Newcastle, Spurs, Leeds and Fulham? And recognise how poorly we played, and why, against those same teams once we sat back.

Once we go behind, we start to push forward, and show we can present an attacking threat. (And without leaving holes at the back - that doesn't come till we get a bit more desperate.) If we sit back, we present no threat whatsoever, and sooner or later concede.

And while we have now lost 2 or 3 key players to injury, I still believe that we have players and system which can compete. Though the system may be hidden in a drawer somewhere. GON in the past showed he could set up and motivate a team. But he appears to have forgotten what worked, and the players must now be losing belief.

If he has another week, can't GON look back to what worked well in his early games in charge, and what got us leads against Newcastle, Spurs, Leeds and Fulham? And recognise how poorly we played, and why, against those same teams once we sat back.
It was almost positive that Brentford didn't look like scoring until the cheat, but that won't get many points as we tend to lapse at some point. Negative was that we wouldn't have scored after a week despite some reasonable build up play. Absolutely toothless near the oppo goal.

It was almost positive that Brentford didn't look like scoring until the cheat, but that won't get many points as we tend to lapse at some point. Negative was that we wouldn't have scored after a week despite some reasonable build up play. Absolutely toothless near the oppo goal.
Just suffered a moment of complete confusion- thought I’d read a post from Old Cherry without any reference to elitism, football towns or brain cells engaging in group sex. Must admit to momentary disappointment but then realised it was somebody new.

Just suffered a moment of complete confusion- thought I’d read a post from Old Cherry without any reference to elitism, football towns or brain cells engaging in group sex. Must admit to momentary disappointment but then realised it was somebody new.
It's not me who's new. You missed out the use of square roots, random spaces and ...s and the other possible identifiers. I won't bother describing the content.

;