Positives, negatives and more from today

Negatives:

MoTD reckon that while we might get players around the ball when defending, nobody does anything. Midfield standing off.

4 players on the line for the 3rd goal, nobody attacking the corner.

We are too easy to play against in their words, and today was a total mismatch.

...don’t be so myopic...Lys was awful,reminded me of Chukki

That's pretty much what I said. Ibe was worse..with less effort.

Your pretend defence of Ibe is hilarious. I'm not sure even you could believe Ibe worked hard today.

Im sure Eddie thought.."I'll take off our best player for lols"

Another day now...God I was Wound Up yesterday! But forget it now..we move on with a couple of new players and despite my reservations about ex Liverpool investments I will support them....and what better start for them than 3 points at Everton!

Ibe and Mousset have been at the club a combined total of over 5 years and neither of them look like their even championship standard to be honest. I can deal with players not playing well but can’t accept lack of effort which we see so often with these 2.

Neither them or Mings (something has gone on behind the scenes) should be here next season. With Stan and King struggling for any form at all the squad is looking extremely thin

There's a link to this thread on NSC because they've apparently picked up on their Infrastructure FC nickname. They seem to think we use it out of jealousy. No lads it's taking the piss out of the fact that you can't have a conversation with any Hove supporter without them mentioning the word infrastructure three times per sentence.

Some examples of it in use...

"Lewis Grabban will take one look at the infrastructure at B&HA and sign immediately"

"Brighton have the best infrastructure in the world so we'll definitely get promoted to the PL before a tin pot outfit like AFCB"

"Even our infrastructure has got top level infrastructure; nobody in Brighton actually knows what the word infrastructure means but we know we've got it and it's the best infrastructure"

I did see that and the fact that they think we are jealous says everything we need to sum them up. I can't remember who came up with it but I prefer sanctimonious FC. They really do come over as a right bunch of hand wringing church vergers.

They don't half have short memories. It's as if they think we don't remember them from before their new ground was built. They didn't used to slate other clubs for not having a decent ground due to circumstances beyond the fan's control. Funny that.

They don't half have short memories. It's as if they think we don't remember them from before their new ground was built. They didn't used to slate other clubs for not having a decent ground due to circumstances beyond the fan's control. Funny that.

Some didn't like it on Twitter when I pointed this out to them, they said I didn't know their story if I was criticising them for having to play at Gillingham and the Withdean [ I also teased them by saying the Goldstone was a bit sh*t too! ]

A Guide To Modern Football According To A Brighton Fan
£200 million+ invested by the Brighton owner in their football club:
This is good and should be applauded. Every other club should look to them as a model of how to improve their club. They are the virtuous example to which all others should aspire.

£80 million invested by the AFCB owners in the club:
This is everything that is wrong about football and is a complete disgrace. Rich owners shouldn't be allowed to fund spending by clubs and the the FA should do something about it. Clubs like AFCB should remain in League One and leave the upper echelons to the traditional giants of football like Brighton (they were in the top division once before you know and also lost an FA Cup final).

A Guide To Modern Football According To A Brighton Fan
£200 million+ invested by the Brighton owner in their football club:
This is good and should be applauded. Every other club should look to them as a model of how to improve their club. They are the virtuous example to which all others should aspire.

£80 million invested by the AFCB owners in the club:
This is everything that is wrong about football and is a complete disgrace. Rich owners shouldn't be allowed to fund spending by clubs and the the FA should do something about it. Clubs like AFCB should remain in League One and leave the upper echelons to the traditional giants of football like Brighton (they were in the top division once before you know and also lost an FA Cup final).

Their view was that the money invested did pay for the stadium and 'infrastructure' first and they built the team from there. We've done it the other way but as you point out, they had to plough £120m on top of what we've done, which is the stadium payment gap.

Their owner still spunked a whole load of cash on the team and they're still dependent on the PL tv money and his largesse in the same way we are with Demin.

He may be a supporter but strange things happen in football and life so they should feel no more comfortable with that debt than we do with Demins. Otherwise they're fooling themselves.

The irony is that their stadium trouble, whilst obviously worse than ours at the time, actually helped them in the long run. If they'd have managed to find a cheap small solution, like we did, then they probably wouldn't have built the massive shiny new ground they have now. Their owner built that because he had to as they had no other options. Unfortunately ours does not have to build a new ground because what we have serves it's purpose.

Negatives:

MoTD reckon that while we might get players around the ball when defending, nobody does anything. Midfield standing off.

I've been saying this for weeks, Blaming Boruc for the third goal is laughable, the guy on the far post had a free header, its not the first time, it happens every week. Everybody stands in the middle of the goal and when a long one comes over nobody has picked up the spare man. Eddie should see this when he looks at the goals we concede week after week and should do something about it. No point 3 players standing next to each other in the middle of goal at corners as only one can head it away.
Boruc was having a right go at Cook about giving forwards too much time on the ball and Cook didn't like it and started mouthing back.
He needs to man up and listen, as we see it every game our players lunging in because the forward has already got a couple of yards start on them.
Sorry to say it but our defenders just aren't closing players down and that includes Ake.

Boruc was having a right go at Cook about giving forwards too much time on the ball and Cook didn't like it and started mouthing back.
He needs to man up and listen, as we see it every game our players lunging in because the forward has already got a couple of yards start on them.
And I've been saying this for years. Fair play for commitment but with better positioning we wouldn't have to slide around to block a shot as we'd already be in front of it. Can't help the keeper, half expecting a block and half expecting a massive deflection.

That's pretty much what I said. Ibe was worse..with less effort.

Your pretend defence of Ibe is hilarious. I'm not sure even you could believe Ibe worked hard today.

Im sure Eddie thought.."I'll take off our best player for lols"

Ibe was worse than Lys?! Sorry but I think that is total bull..

Negatives:

Yes but his day job is filming Homes under the Hammer...

;