Positivity

Waz afcb

Fans' Favourite
Now I appreciate that I am the last person known for this around these parts but here it goes:
-Solanke and Surridge WILL score goals in the championship when played together. Surridge in particular I think is a bit special, got a bit of pace, wins headers, a natural instinct to be in the right place and an incredible work rate. I for one can’t wait to see him leading the line next season!
-Stanislas will be a class above that league, IF he can stay fit we have a very good chance.
-A championship defence including Kelly, Mepham and Stacey will be ridiculously good for that level.
-The players I’ve listed are a select few that I imagine will still be here, no idea on the others but tbh the only two I’d be genuinely sad to see the back of are Ramsdale and Ake. Even if Rambo goes I like the prospect of Travers as our number 1.
-I think there’s no reason that we can’t have a good season next season as long as Eddie learns from his mistakes (and he is still here of course.)
-and most importantly we can FINALLY get back to enjoying our football again!! A goal WILL be a goal, one glance at the linesman and the celebrations can commence! I don’t care that more decisions are being made correctly (which is incredibly debatable in itself.) I just want to experience the passion that made me fall in love with the game and this club again.....
-so although we are almost certainly getting relegated, there IS hope. There are good foundations to build on and I truly hope that Eddie chooses to stay, build on them, and learn from his mistakes with us. With all that is going on in the world at the moment Bournemouth playing in the championship is far from the end of the world.....

UTC

Big assumption that Eddie will play Surridge next season but I agree with you and hope it happens.

Big assumption that Eddie will play Surridge next season but I agree with you and hope it happens.

Think the bigger assumption is Eddie still being here - really hope he is but who could blame him if he decides he needs a break

With King and probably C Wilson off, Surridge should get plenty of game time next season - and he does at least have some experience at that level (unlike Solanke)

-The players I’ve listed are a select few that I imagine will still be here, no idea on the others but tbh the only two I’d be genuinely sad to see the back of are Ramsdale and Ake. Even if Rambo goes I like the prospect of Travers as our number 1.

Agree with you on the above Waz - but the big player for me (if he goes) would be Brooks. Ramsdale would be replaced by Travers, Ake by Kelly etc - but it's the creative players who are really hard to find/replace

Think we've wasted Brooks a bit too by forever playing him on the wing. Would love to see him at number 10 next year behind Surridge/Solanke - but can't see him staying sadly

Agree with you on the above Waz - but the big player for me (if he goes) would be Brooks. Ramsdale would be replaced by Travers, Ake by Kelly etc - but it's the creative players who are really hard to find/replace

Think we've wasted Brooks a bit too by forever playing him on the wing. Would love to see him at number 10 next year behind Surridge/Solanke - but can't see him staying sadly
But we’ll still have Stan. And these players would need to be replaced. There is plenty to be positive about!

I’m positive half this squad won’t be here next season but there is a nucleus of young players that we could build another successful team around.
We will still have Stan, Kelly, Mepham, Stacy, surridge and Solanke. There is enough left there for sure to build around.

I think after the season he’s had and with his injury record, we’re going to be struggling to sell Callum for anything like the money we would want. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him still on the books at the start of the season.

I kind of agree with the gist of this thread but Waz mentions Solanke and Surridge scoring goals if played together and also hoping Eddie will learn from the mistakes of this campaign. It could very easily be argued one of his biggest mistakes is his insistence on playing 2 strikers, rather than using a natural no. 10. It’s an area where something might have to give next season.

I think Eddie will go as he’s needs a rest it’s been. Are very hard last 2 years. Callum has lost his main asset his pace but we can fool teams that he’s still got it. Ake will go to a good team and imo To arsenal and he will excel and is Imo Is the best player we have ever had And good luck. king has all the ability and I wish him luck. Time to rebuild and off we go again

I think Eddie will resign next Monday after the last game. I hope not but I think he'll go. Probably best for both parties.

I’m positive half this squad won’t be here next season but there is a nucleus of young players that we could build another successful team around.

We also have some really talented young lads in our u21s. Jordan Zemura is a diamond. Plays very much like Saka of Arsenal.

I think defensively minus ake , we would have a very very good choice of players .
As others said offensively it has gone a bit stale .
You have danjuma, who will be a very good player, Stanislas, probably brooks , solanke and Surridge to start with.
Midfield for me is a big problem . You want that hunger and proper ball playing players

;