Post-match summary

I guess it is an improvement when you conisder that we couldn't consistently put in a performance game by game. Now we are almost guaranteed a performance, but only half a game at a time

Last two games could easily have been two wins if we had played consistently within each of them

Arsenal were as woeful 2nd half as we were 1st half.
But we didn't create much.

8 games in, and I still believe we are only firing at 60%.

I'd say over the course of the game we created about as much as they did. There was little in it apart from terrible marking on a corner and Wilson not quite finding a finish from an acute angle.

We had chances .It was only one nil . On another day it could of been different ..a meh result against meh opposition .

Some Arsenal views.. From Arsenal Mania.
Saves you trawling through 60 pages.

At home to Bournemouth we score from a set piece and don’t create nothing else?

When Arsenal supporters whistle to end a game at home against Bournemouth.
So sad .

Well not the best or most entertaining performances but I'd take a clean sheet against one the best attacking sides in PL the past couple of seasons.

Disgraceful performance despite the win

That second half was uglier then Susan Boyle

We didn't play well in the first half. We looked lifeless, the game was a borefest. Bournemouth were just so poor in the first half and played real slow out of the back. Even worse than we do. We pressed well, but barely created any decent chances in the first half. Second half Bournemouth woke up a bit and applied more pressure, that's why it looked worse.

Reactions: DJ
In the old days there would have been a defender on each post for corner kicks! Such a defender at the far post would easily have cleared away Luiz's pathetic header! Bring back at least a far post defender for corner kicks!

Solanke seemed to miss a sitter from that Rico free kick in the first half. Seemed easier to just head it in!

Callum missed a great chance in the second. Why not just shoot rather than try and walk it in?

In the old days there would have been a defender on each post for corner kicks! Such a defender at the far post would easily have cleared away Luiz's pathetic header! Bring back at least a far post defender for corner kicks!

Solanke seemed to miss a sitter from that Rico free kick in the first half. Seemed easier to just head it in!

Callum missed a great chance in the second. Why not just shoot rather than try and walk it in?

Because he's not a natural finisher, last week he missed that 1 on 1 against West Ham when he should've squared it to King for a tap in and this week he should've buried the shot as he had a good angle and was 1 on 1. Has to do better, he's entering his prime years now, an England international, and should be making better decisions which have cost us 3 points in total in these last 2 games. He also lost Luiz for the goal. I'd rather he played behind King than infront of him as Josh is a better finisher.

They were there for the taking, a point dropped at least.

Can't quite put my finger on it but sometimes I feel against the top clubs we are just too polite, the players act as if they didn't belong on the same pitch.... and almost like we shouldn't get anything by default,

Not sure Stacey off for Franno would have been my choice on 75 mins and a goal down either

That was a pretty awful game of football that I made myself late for work to watch to the end.

I guess the consolation is that they were as bad as us.

H. Wilson needs to make way for Janduma, Danyoomar, Danjummer and all the other ways the commentator pronounced his name next time out. Very innefective in almost all positions.

And a yellow card or two for Arsenal would have been nice.

Mentioned on the commentary regarding the lack of yellow cards given to Arsenal players when our players were booked for similar offences. Unfortunately PL refs will always favour the big teams. It got to the point that even some of the Arsenal players just got on with the game when their players were rolling around feigning injury. I don't know why but I'm never confident when we play the so called top 6 yet look at some of the results this weekend and they are definitely beatable. I think we respect them too much. Arsenal were ripe for taking yesterday but we've let them limp to a 1-0 win.

Mentioned on the commentary regarding the lack of yellow cards given to Arsenal players when our players were booked for similar offences. Unfortunately PL refs will always favour the big teams. It got to the point that even some of the Arsenal players just got on with the game when their players were rolling around feigning injury. I don't know why but I'm never confident when we play the so called top 6 yet look at some of the results this weekend and they are definitely beatable. I think we respect them too much. Arsenal were ripe for taking yesterday but we've let them limp to a 1-0 win.
Arsenal are masters of the foul on the half way line to stop play developing. They did it time and time again and never got booked for it - the one on Harry Wilson was the worst in the first half.
The play acting and fake injuries from Arsenal were so pathetic they were almost funny.

Arsenal and City as examples seem to take it in turns for "fouls" thus evading the totting up by refs. They are also expert at the sly nudges and blind side shirt pulling.

Agree with Rob the second half yesterday was encouraging, particularly the work rate, although not sure about our original line up and some of the substitutions.

Many teams are aware that if they press high it stops us (and most other teams) playing out from the back and that's what Arsenal did in the first half. The back 4 were under pressure the whole time and there was very little movement in the midfield and up front to help them out, so we just kept passing it back and then hoofing it upfield. For whatever reason, presumably they ran out of steam, Arsenal eased off in the 2nd half and we were more than a match for them. Is there a solution to this? I don't know. Maybe not, because even Man City's defenders have looked panicked when they've been pressed, but if you've got someone like Vardy or King surely it should stop most teams setting up camp in your half?

;